Sign in to follow this  
Rayan

"Nepal the secular state", For OR against?

Today, one of the members of Hindu Pratisthan over here in Pune called me to attend one his program. Since, I had met and bike accident 3 days back I was unable to go there. And we were talking casually and one interesting thing he asked me Are you for or against of declaring Nepal as Secular country. For a while I was stunned coz I never come across such question till now over here. I told him I am not against government declaration of Nepal as Secular State but we didn’t really need that declaration at this moment because there is always religious harmony in our country without its deceleration too. We respect different major religion and we have holidays for Eid, x-mass, Buddha Jayanti celebration.

What you guys think about Government declaration of Nepal’s as Secular State?

I agree with you mate. Nothing is going to happen just by declaring. They should declare a free education till highschool. By free means absolutely free. No penny to pay. Frees books and copies too for the students at school. That's only going to work for a nation to rise. People who were coming to demand a "Republic" few months ago were saying "I do not know what is republic but it is good" to a reported in BBC Nepali. Its just shame on all of us that one of our kind is demanding republic (I am not being in any's favor) without knowing what is it.

While I was a kid, I had a freind who worked as a service person in my friends house. I said to him "hey, lets give you a new name, a pig". He said okay and he was happy until one of my friend told him what is a pig. So a large of our kind are still in a state where they do not know what they are moving for - just in the gust of politician derived wind. So education is must. And nepal should focus its effort on it. And I am sure people who are in favor of secular or religious state do not mean anything to that sect but their own benefits.

Prithivi Narayan Shah Le Nepal bhaneko ....Nepal Euta Sajha Fhulbari ho .....Testai esto advice haru Nepal history ma dheri tira padna Paicchha ...history book ma ..... :rolleyes:

Malla Raja haru pani eastai bhaneko painchha .....

secularlism ko kura ma ..may be there is some linkage cha ki..... :)

I agree with you mate. Nothing is going to happen just by declaring. They should declare a free education till highschool. By free means absolutely free. No penny to pay. Frees books and copies too for the students at school. That's only going to work for a nation to rise. People who were coming to demand a "Republic" few months ago were saying "I do not know what is republic but it is good" to a reported in BBC Nepali. Its just shame on all of us that one of our kind is demanding republic (I am not being in any's favor) without knowing what is it.

While I was a kid, I had a freind who worked as a service person in my friends house. I said to him "hey, lets give you a new name, a pig". He said okay and he was happy until one of my friend told him what is a pig. So a large of our kind are still in a state where they do not know what they are moving for - just in the gust of politician derived wind. So education is must. And nepal should focus its effort on it. And I am sure people who are in favor of secular or religious state do not mean anything to that sect but their own benefits.

Literacy Rate of country always determine the devlopment status of any country. Untill n unless education is given free as per BS defination of Free No Penny To Pay when it comes to education things is not going to change easily.

I personally believe government should organize special workshop [Jus not free lunch kind of] for all the poltician right from root level on various poltical & current affairs topics from various prof. of that particualar subjects doing that will educate Polticians in some extent and hopefully will stop giving s2pd remarks.

Im FOR nepal being a secular state.

its not just about having respect for all religions. its about separation of state and religion. Full stop. The state has to be impartial.

any country that proclaims to be one religion or another is basically a theocracy.

Ps .. BS ,

that was very mean of you to call that freind of yours a pig.

Edited by manchilds friend

Well I'm not exactly supporting the declaration of Nepal as a secular country, we were good following the principle of religious tolerance. But declaring Nepal secular shouldn't change the behavior of our countrymen. We were enjoying a religious harmony in past but now I fear the religious goons will make a mess of this, so we all most be very concerned.

its not just about having respect for all religions. its about separation of state and religion. Full stop. The state has to be impartial.

any country that proclaims to be one religion or another is basically a theocracy.

Ps .. BS ,

Don't u think it was premature decision of goverment without going for public opnion poll. Cause normally in devloped country decison like this is taken after long public debate and collecting public polls. Decesion was made to please one group of people.

I think it's a good move forward in my opinion. Not all decisions are taken after a referendum in a developed country. We have elected ministers to do precisely that.

Democracy is not just about the wishes of the majority, it's about protecting the rights of the minorty too. if u were to take a poll of the people in the UK regarding capital punishment most would be for it. yet ministers dont pass a bill for capital punishment.

Ps .. BS ,

Don't u think it was premature decision of goverment without going for public opnion poll. Cause normally in devloped country decison like this is taken after long public debate and collecting public polls. Decesion was made to please one group of people.

In the constitutional Election of year 2046 BS . out of 100% votes that was casted , Nepali congress approximately 48-49% percentage of vote . Rest 51 % was for other small party alliance , 51% voted not for nepali congress , small minority , , the goverment was formed from Nepali congress , 49% percent is ruling the 51% , 51% representation , would have been a different story . why 49% rules 51% , the concept of coalition govt , voting electoral representation based on votes of people , 51% of people of nepal did not vote Nepali congres , immediately after the election seat wise counting based on that , nepali congress formed the democractic govt , was 49% to govern , rule 51% or vice versa. ...after that ....comes secularism ....when plant , root soil is not qualitiative , not healthy , flowers , fruits may not be so ..as ...it ought to be ...Secularism is outseen ...at this time ....innner factor may be others..