Sign in to follow this  
Himal Rai

UK for study purpose

hello Sujan

Sorry to hear that your application being rejected. I heard they are refusing a lot of Application to study in UK but still there are new Nepalese students coming to UK so don't lose your heart. Try again. Provide all the documents those are required. Prepare for interview. Look for the college or Universitry which are registered, you can find here http://www.ucas.ac.uk . Off course there are a lot of colleges which are not registered so it will be hard for them to believe. I think it is hard for those who apply for University.

hi sujan,

sorry to know that you did not get a visa, it is definately true that getting a visa to the UK is tough, but its not an impossible feat. I can tell that confidently because I got a visa only before 3 months. Even on the day I applied for a visa, there were many rejectances for having a confirmation letter from a college affiliated to an american university, a college not providing degree courses and the student not being able to give satisfactory reasons for wanting to study in Britain while the course is available in Nepal.

All these informations are given in the leaflet provided by the british embassy. Probably, your bank statement did not show any transictions or you could not provide a satisfactory explanation about the source of income. As Himalji said, applying for a visa is not only preparing all the documents.... it is also how you present to the councelor interviewing you.

The english speaking countries are competing for students. If you try to get in a reputed university through UCAS, prepare the documents as they have asked for and look motivated, confident and enthusiastic at the time of interview.....there will be much more probability of getting a visa...though there will still be a factor of the mood of the interviewer

Getting a visa is not a problem only in Nepal. It's so in each asian and african country. You might be surprised to know that the British Embassy post in kathmandu is considered one of the most effective posts in asia, and comparitively, its giving many visas to nepalese than American and Australian Embassies.

Stamping on the passport is done by all embassies. They say the stamp will not make any difference on future applications.

I'd also suggest you to try again and wish you all the best.

Hi Sujan Uday,

It was absolutely sad and pathetic to know that you were refused to grant student visa to UK.

However, I have pinpointed few of the lacunas on your visa application which has been taken by visa counceller too. He/she has carefully considered all the documentation before you and called you for interview too. Despite the fact he remained to refuse the visa at the end.

To the best of my concern, I believe that he found it likely that you were applied for student visa to UK. He finds it highly unlikely that a student who is having willingness to study in US universities/colleges would apply to UK instead of USA. He doesn't find your visa application credible because a student with willingness of US universities/colleges you would surely have been interested of USA rather than UK. He has also noted that your financial status at the bank that possesses 19 lakhs credit. But he finds no any credible income source which will enable to generate that fund. Of course it is difficult to evaluate that the financial statement at the bank is actual. That's why he has found it wholly implausible and irrelevant.

The above are the major stiff and stern odds to your visa application. These interrogative marks have put visa officer in under compulsion to refuse your student visa. Therefore, I would request to you enroll yourself either in British University through UCAS or apply to LIC and explain all nooks and corners immaculately to counceller. Don't be upset ! Prepare perfectly and apply again. Remember ! you have to be very much consistence to obtain any sort of goals. It may take bit of time but you will get them.

Wish you for good luck !

Sorry to hear that. What I think is, it is not impossible but difficult.

Normally, they check whether student have done enough preparation to study in the UK or not.

For example, interviewer said he will not issue visa for London International College, he might wanted to know whether student have learned enough about the college, and what course they offer.

As far as I know, there are many course associated with British University that London International College offer. I know about 5 students from Nepal came for that college recently. First thing to make sure is whether the course student applying for is US based course or UK based. It is very common that in recent days they refused for US based course saying you should go to USA for this course. So my suggestion is to make sure that student register for UK based course. Second, interviewer normally try to see the confidence saying, "look, I can’t issue visa for this college because this is US based course." if student argue that "No, I have enrol for the course where examination board is from THAT university of UK" then there is likely chance he get VISA. If student confused, nervous, then it is over. This is just an example.

Let me explain my experience. I registered two of my friend for IMIS course. Both had same day interview. Friend A gone for interview. Interviewer asked "why do you want to go to UK for this course, why not Nepal?" friend A replied, "Because this course is not available here". Interviewer said "look, there is this course in one of the college in Kalimati, I visited that college last week". Friend A became confused, nervous and said, "I didn't know that". Interviewer said, you know now, go and study there. And refused VISA.

While friend B had exactly same question, but he had done enough research about the course and college before going to Interview, so he replied with very confident that "No, there is no such course exist in Nepal, and I don't know if that exist in India, but even so I don't want to study in India. If I have to leave my home, I want to study in the UK". He also said how he dreams to study in the UK. And he got VISA.

Same course in same college, same day interviewer, and same person took interview, almost same question, one got VISA other didn't.

I think this is one of the important points that although we asked our friends or relative to register for us to avoid difficulty, it is very vital to know more about that course and college, whether similar course exist in Nepal, if so then reason of not studying in Nepal.

Edited by Bharat Thapa

QUOTE (tyandre @ Nov 25 2002, 05:18 PM)
I am tyandre,
I 've completed my i.sc course and I wish to study MBBS. So, I,ve tried in Nepal but was unable to get listed in the entrance exams. I've heard that in U.K. also one can afford to have a MBBS degree clearing the costs working on his own. Is it true? If so,would you be kind enough to give me informations on that.Looking forward to getting your reply soon.

i know this topic was discussed a long time back...but for prospective medical students who want to come to the UK for further education...

NOT A GOOD IDEA!!! unless of course you're filthy rich!!!! for the first 2 yrs where it's pure theory...it's roughly around £10k annually and then it increased to around £20k for the next 3 clinical yrs...and that's just for tuition fees! it mounts to about £80k...and with all the rest of the expenses...food, accomodation, transport, social life, it's enough to drain the soul out of you!

scholarships, like yunush dai mentioned is very rare, all those who have come here to study medicine via scholarships are being funded by the government and as a result must serve the country...eg Malaysia...sadly don't think Nepal has enough to fund a single person let alone all those wanna be medics....£80k can make a huge difference to a lot of people's lives in Nepal.

For all those who can afford it, then come by all means. But they must face the strict competition of getting seriously high grades...all A's...80%..(more than the required grades...which is usually 2A's and a B..for a guaranteed place!)...as well as have hospital work experience. The universities prefer the students to be all rounders, hence have some kind of creative talent, have a side job, lots of community service..to show that you are able to cope with a busy schedule, just cause you're good with studies DOESN'T mean you're going to get a place in med school! Unlike Nepal, where you can get by by knowing the right people and flashing a bit of cash...it doesn't work like that here...everything is pretty much fare and square!

So that means part time studies and work can manage the study in UK,I didnot Know that.i was afraid that it would be so expensive and most of the student that come there left their studies.

My situation is very bizzare.....

I am currently studying in london on a foundation course and have been recently offered a place in one of the top twenty universities in uk.....They offer work placement and on top of that, they were marked by major newspapers in uk as one of the best assessment in psychology which i am intending to study. The only setback is that they are only offerring me a place next year instead of this year. This also means that if i were to accept this offer, i will have to return to nepal and apply for my visa next year.

My concerns are that,

1. Is my possibility of getting visa going to be affected due to the fact that i had previously studied in uk......

2. Is it very essential to show them that we can afford to pay for the full course

3. If i have an sponsor in uk, will my chance of getting visa will be affected.....

Waiting for replies. Bye bye

My situation is very bizzare.....

I am currently studying in london on a foundation course and have been recently offered a place in one of the top twenty universities in uk.....They offer work placement and on top of that, they were marked by major newspapers in uk as one of the best assessment in psychology which i am intending to study. The only setback is that they are only offerring me a place next year instead of this year. This also means that if i were to accept this offer, i will have to return to nepal and apply for my visa next year.

My concerns are that,

1. Is my possibility of getting visa going to be affected due to the fact that i had previously studied in uk......

2. Is it very essential to show them that we can afford to pay for the full course

3. If i have an sponsor in uk, will my chance of getting visa will be affected.....

Waiting for replies. Bye bye

74884[/snapback]

send PM to hidden angel. What were those universities ?