Sign in to follow this  
shrbinay

america ma padne garib nepali bidhyarthi

this is how life of every nepali student goes in US....if u r in nepal read it before u decides to come over here...

http://www.kantipuronline.com/nepali/kolnews.php?&nid=55378

76874[/snapback]

This is the story of every self funded student around the world. Not only in US. I also had almost the same reality for few months after my funding was not extended after one year. Thanks to my Department who gave some oppertunity to finish what I was doing.

Edited by yogesh

Since we're on the topic of US..

I just like 2 know if there're any1 who's

is currently residing in NY.. :)

Edited by MohanTara

Hi Mohantara,

I have my few students from New York, Nepali and American, let me know what do you want to know about !! though I am not interested in depicting query.

Mohantara sissy

Leme know if I could be of some help. Though I'm not in NY in the present, I'm got quite a bit of jacks in the east coast!! feel free to ask if you have any concern. I've lived in NY before so if there is some kinda general question I can address myself.

~peace~

Ok,i have a friend who has a vistor's visa 2 the States,

N c was asking me if,

there was anyway c would be able

2 get into a good Uni, under that pass?

As far as I am aware, if you take your I-20 along with you and show it to the immigration officer, s/he will stamp something on your passpost and I-20 which will allow you to transfer your visa from visitor to student. That was an 'informal' info I got from a friend a couple of months ago. US visa requirements tend to change very quickly so it might be a better idea to check with some expert or US inland security office's website.

Your friend might get M-1 category VISA if she wants to study over here because she is coming as a visitor, If she is lucky and perform well in study our professor like (Barsa) can give recommendation for F-1 VISA. She must also inform. She must also first apply in USCIS-approved school in the United States.

For more details, Barsa knows better than us.

As far as I know M-1 visa is a training visa generally given to people who come here for short period training like piloting. M-1 visa is non transferrable status visa so you cannot change your status after you receive M-1 (you have to go back and reapply). I have never heard or seen someone giving recommendation to change the visa status to F-1. If the school accepts you, you have to contact the international advisor and they let you fill the adjustment of status form which they will have to submit to USCIS.

Mohan Tara sis, it would be better if you call the International Advisor of one of the random univs and they should be able to tell you the exact thing about the change of status.

Btw green orchid, are you in the same place where Professor Krishna is? Beckley, I reckon!!

Not only in US, In every developed country Nepalese students are facing the same kind of problem. I mean students who are there to study, not just holding student visas.