Sign in to follow this  
BalayarCB

how to write Good Recommendation Letter

dear frens,

though there sea of samples on the web, and can go on search engine and type the KEY WORD. But, it would be logical if the friends who have already written these kind of college recommendation letter or got those letters from professors or who are good at english CAN POST the SAMPLES here.

I am in dire need of some samples....HOPE someone has STOCK

Hello there...

Last time you had made post on the essay compettion organised by koreatimes along wth CHB bank abotu the economy of the korea... and i did send it but i could not the see the result as it was supposed to be posted on the 20th of october.. please help me to find it out.. the results..

I will sure send you the best recomendation ever that i had. and might work for u too...

waiting for to hear the result via you...

If you could give little more reason and purpose, would be easier to write a letter with the subject. Well, errrm writing Recommendation letter in open forum ? I am little, I mean little uncomfortable.

If I get a chance I will write up and post it in download area.

could not the see the result as it was supposed to be posted on the 20th of october.. please help me to find it out.. the results..

76772[/snapback]

b-mal Ji,

I too couldn't get the result, I am wondering ....anyway, let's wait some more days and I have also written them email.

SUCCESS to you.

I think these points must be included in the Rec. letter

1. In what capacity, how well, and how long have you known the person(student)?

2. Comment on the applicant's academic strenths and potential for completing a undergraduate(graduate or post gradaute) program?

Are there any more to include or specify? how will you write if you were in that place about the ABOVE TWO ?

got those letters from professors

Date :

Testimonial for MR/Miss .....

Mr/Miss.... is a cooperative and unassuming student who works hard to attain his/her goals. He/She is an absolute delight to have in the class and is very talented, enthusiastic and dedicated student who takes responsibility for his own learning by consciously involving himself/herself in all activities.

Mr/Miss ...shows a lot of initiative in his/her work. He/She is prepared to make an effort to understand his/her work fully and is able to cope with his/her studies well. He/She has performed well in all his/her course assignments and test.

He/She has achieved good grades and overall good result in his/her .....(name of the undergraduate or graduate course) examination which reflects his/her capability in pursuing and furthering his/her studies.

He/She can perform well in his/her future undertakings should he/she work hard. In this regard, he/she would prove to be a good asset to any organisation. The College/Uni wishes him/her the best in his/her future endeavors.

Signature,

Name,

address etc ....

Recommendations tend to be very personal. Its just somebody writing what they think of someone else so I don't think you can say a particular templet is the most suitable. I've got my referees to write some recommendations for me, from filling in standard university reference forms to writing a proper letter. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any of my references till now, so I know nothing about the content and layout. However, if I were to write a reference, I would probably start by saying how I got to know the person and what I think of him/her and if I deem the person suitable for whatever he is applying to. I wouldn't say anything negative unless the candidate was too bad but I wouldn't exaggarate either because my reputation could be at stake.