Sign in to follow this  
distant_memory

BAN RELIGION

i was reading the metro on the bus the other day adn there was alittle snippe on how friendly and peaceful and how little crime there is in the non god countries such as japan as supposed to the countries where religious people are plentiful in number...meaning the states and india, france.

should religion be banned. from what i understand, all religions basically sum down to doing good. france and a few other countries have already put a stop to religiousclothing such as the hijab and the jewish cap and the crucifix. would trying to create a more equal front be the way forward to tackling issues in the society?

ban religion?

This topic reminds me of those days when I used to question myself....like..

*Why there is religion in this world?

*What is that thing I have being a hindu and not being a Christian/Musalman or other religions....

*How about those people without religion?How would they be? (I got this answer when I met a person without religion here. She is very nice and kind. Looking at her I also want to be freed from this religion kind of things. But now, I'm fully wet with Hindu customs/cultures and Buddha's principles/ways. I guess I can't get freedom from this coz I don't want >>)

*How can they eat beef?????Heyah!!!!(Banta aaula jasto)aaaa kinaki they are Christian Ni...

*Why am I afraid of being step into a Church???? (maan maandaina)

These were some questions used to run into my mind frequently usu. when there were scenes like a Khaireni in bikini in Channel 9 and my neighbour in sari.

Edited by nepali_ma

should religion be banned. from what i understand, all religions basically sum down to doing good. france and a few other countries have already put a stop to religiousclothing such as the hijab and the jewish cap and the crucifix. would trying to create a more equal front be the way forward to tackling issues in the society?

76379[/snapback]

first........i want to ask WHO CAN BAN RELIGION.....even the george bush also........dont have powers............coz he got there to whitehouse.........because.......of the votes of traditional.........hard core cristians......n their strong support .....in ......his WAR ON TERROR........so thers no point in discussing...........i think its guarented..........the day religion is banned fron world will be last day of this earth.........cheers to both BIN LADEN......N GEORGE BUSH........u are making this world a better place to live...........yahooo smile.gif

i was reading the metro on the bus the other day adn there was alittle snippe on how friendly and peaceful and how little crime there is in the non god countries such as japan as supposed to the countries where religious people are plentiful in number...meaning the states and india, france.

76379[/snapback]

What kind of thread is this ? How should religion be banned. Your living practise in society and family will have no normality. You can be flexibe not banned. You can goto church being Hindu but you have to give equal respect. This thread doesn't make sense to me.

What kind of thread is this ? How should religion be banned. Your living practise in society and family will have no normality. You can be flexibe not banned. You can goto church being Hindu but you have to give equal respect. This thread doesn't make sense to me.

76408[/snapback]

ya thats true...........i agree with bars didi tongue.gif

76408[/snapback]

it's just that in places such as japan where no religion is precticed, life is far more peaceful. their lifestyles don't consist of silly little fueds to do with religions. as for normality, it depends on the family, many families function without religions. culture doesn't mean religion and you can be cultural but not necessarily religious, i understand that culture is very much intertwined with religion.

living in an multicultural society means you have to respect each religion however, that isn't the case for everyone leading various terrorists attack which mainly tend to stem from clashes in religions. so would avoiding religions be just one of the ways for people to view others more equally.

76408[/snapback]

it's just that in places such as japan where no religion is precticed, life is far more peaceful. their lifestyles don't consist of silly little fueds to do with religions. as for normality, it depends on the family, many families function without religions. culture doesn't mean religion and you can be cultural but not necessarily religious, i understand that culture is very much intertwined with religion.

living in an multicultural society means you have to respect each religion however, that isn't the case for everyone leading various terrorists attack which mainly tend to stem from clashes in religions. so would avoiding religions be just one of the ways for people to view others more equally.

76410[/snapback]

WHO TOLD YOU THERE IS NO RELIGION IN JAPAN?

THERE IS RELIGION IN JAPAN.

Shinto and Buddhism are Japan's two major religions.

They have been co-existing for several centuries and have even complemented each other to a certain degree. Most Japanese consider themselves Buddhist, Shintoist or both.

Religion does not play a big role in the everyday life of most Japanese people today. The average person typically follows the religious rituals at ceremonies like birth, weddings and funerals, may visit a shrine or temple on New Year and participates at local festivals (matsuri), most of which have a religious background.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e629.html

As Barsa said it should be flexible.

76408[/snapback]

76410[/snapback]

HOW CAN YOU SAY THERE IS NO RELIGION IN JAPAN ?

READ GEOGRAPHY IN HIGH SCHOOL ??