B.Sc. Computer Science 3rd Year (T.U.)

A question asks - "why does it take more time to download a webpage with java applet than that with normal content ?"

sounds like simple stuff, but sorry, i couldn't get that even on 'large sized' java text books. the question contains 2.5 marks and i just wanted to drop this question to try some luck.

so far per my knowledge i have only 'guessed' the answer (yaha lekhna laaj lagchha tongue.gif ) but don't know for sure.

saathi haru, any solid answer to write on 3rd year exam?

sounds like rubbish question, isn't it ?

cheers,

sandesh

B.Sc. Computer Science 3rd Year (T.U.)

A question asks - "why does it take more time to download a webpage with java applet than that with normal content ?"

sounds like simple stuff, but sorry, i couldn't get that even on 'large sized' java text books. the question contains 2.5 marks and i just wanted to drop this question to try some luck.

so far per my knowledge i have only 'guessed' the answer (yaha lekhna laaj lagchha  tongue.gif ) but don't know for sure.

saathi haru, any solid answer to write on 3rd year exam?

sounds like rubbish question, isn't it ?

cheers,

sandesh

71045[/snapback]

Oh that's because,

when u have an applet embeded in a web-page,

it first has 2 fire up the JVM b4

it can even begin 2 show the applet biggrin.giflaugh.gif

Study well rolleyes.gif

Edited by MohanTara

This is because Java applets, like forms or something, use a Java plugin called Java Engine ...which needs to load before it can display the Java applets on the webpage you visit. But also once this Java Engine is loaded the loadtime of the webpage should not be that much more or should be equal at that of a normal webpage... well those are my findings though ...someone might disagree offcourse ...

But there's a difference between Java applets and Java scripts ... Javascript is sometimes used for those nice rollover buttons on a webpage... and these might also prolong the waiting time...but also once the Java Engine is started the waiting time should be less then initialy when you loaded the first webpage with Java.

Aba Rajunpl le reply diyesi kasle DISAGREE garne tyo pani computer related stuff maa tyo pani WNSO maa? Btw, your answer is reasonable.