Sign in to follow this  
newapasa

Nepal King Gyanendra & the FUTURE of NEPAL

Listen 2 the silence.....

Pull down from the shelf a book called Life Tasks.

Open it n find that it opens to a page

that's particularly meaningful 4 u right now...

Read it.

The monarch, who is also the supreme commander of the 78,000-strong Royal Nepalese Army, said security forces would be given more power to maintain law and order.

"A new Cabinet will be formed under my leadership," the king said, accusing political parties of plunging the country into crisis.

"This will restore peace and effective democracy in this country within the next three years."

But he insisted human rights would be respected, according to AP reports.

Even before the announcement, commentators said the king was unhappy with the prime minister for continually deferring elections -- a mandate given to him by the king when he appointed him to the post in June.

Deuba found himself in a deep political bind -- caught between the king and other political forces. He was fired in October 2002, sparking massive street protests, and was reinstated with the task of holding elections.

His major coalition partner, the communist party, is deeply divided over the election call.

In addition, Maoist rebels have threatened there will be a massive bloodbath if Deuba announces elections.

The rebels, inspired by Chinese revolutionary leader Mao Zedong, want to replace Nepal's monarchy with a communist state.

Over an eight-year period, the insurgency has claimed more than 11,000 lives.

The king acceded to the throne in 2001 after his brother King Birendra was killed in a massacre at the royal palace.

"King Gyanendra of Nepal unveiled a new 10-member cabinet today (Feb 02, 2005), a day after sacking the Government and imposing an indefinite state of emergency." from news.indiainfo.com

Rames Nath Pandey as Foreign Minister?Pravatar Shumsher Rana as Finance Minister? and Dan Bahadur Shahi as Home Minister? lai mero jai nepal

Radha Krishna Mainali, at sports and education.? lai lal salam

ani aru ko ko....................

lai chahi pachee dhanustankar namaskar

Rames Nath Pandey as Foreign Minister?Pravatar Shumsher Rana as Finance Minister? and Dan Bahadur Shahi as Home Minister? lai mero jai nepal

Radha Krishna Mainali, at sports and education.? lai lal salam

It's very wonder to me. Did you know personally to them? It sound to me that you know the ministers very well. May be I was wrong......? biggrin.gif

Listen 2 the silence.....

Pull down from the shelf a book called Life Tasks.

Open it n find that it opens to a page

that's particularly meaningful 4 u right now...

Read it.

66075[/snapback]

Something to be thought, I respect your words here.