Sign in to follow this  
linuxuser

Healthcare System in Europe

i have heard a great deal about free healthcare system in UK, Germany and other european nations. I would like to know more about it. Do you have to be citizen to get it for free? Can you be in student visa and still can get it free? Is there any Copays you have to pay or any deductible? or they take out certain amount from your paycheck ( if you are working)? What about doctor visits, surgery etc? and what about behavioral health, psychological counseling and things like that?

What about prescription drugs? are they free or minimal in cost too?

in USA, we have HMO, PPO and all kinds of medical insurace stuff, does europe has anything like that?

Edited by linuxuser

In UK, you don't have to a citizen to get free healthcare.

Students, Asylums are treated for free.

I have visited NHS few times, it's free. Regarding hospital etc once it is approved by NHS, I think it is free.

One time I was send to hospital to take X-rays, they did not charge me anything.

One of my friend who is a student had to go under knife, didnot have to pay anything.

You have to pay for medicine.

That's all I know so far from my own experience. Hope others will let you know more.

Linuxuser,

Frankly, Many US tourists has taken advantage of free health system in UK, as other countries tourists, If it is emergeny you don't even need passport or any other documents.

For students as sirupate said.

Your first priority when coming to Germany should be health insurance. Health insurance is also mandatory for all employees and students in Germany, so you will not be able to start working or studying without it. Health insurance contributions are split 50-50 between employers and employees, independent on whether you opt for a statutory or private insurance schemes. Students are offered special student insurance schemes with favorable rates. Note that health insurance in Germany is part of the social security system.

All regular students must have one to be able to register in a German university. If the candidate has a health insurance in his country of origin, this one can be recognized in Germany. The European Union candidates can, during a stay not longer than twelve months, benefit from the medical insurance of their country of origin. The affiliation is proven by the E109 or E111 form, which is granted in the origin country, and is recognized by other health establishments that also grant an insurance certificate.

The students who don’t have one, must affiliate themselves in Germany. The exception to the rule are the students of a Studienkolleg, the participants to the German as a foreign language courses (DaF), and students older than 30 years, that are neither covered nor can be based on this regulation.

Check in here for more;

http://germany.wnso.org/about_Germany.htm#Health%20insurance

I was hospitalised three time in the UK. Two time I had to call ambulance and once someone took me there. Stayed there between week to two week every time. Didn't have to pay penny for anything.

Wonderful thing is free check up at GP's place. I feel like I have private doctor, good thing is I don't have to pay.

I have heard 20% of tourist coming into UK are health cheat tourist, who come for treatment.

Now, it is bit strict than before.

I quite surprised,upon hearing this..

Over here in S'pore, nothing's free...

Even 4 using the public toilets, (But that's only 4 some..)

we have 2 fork out $$..

Hahaha! biggrin.gif

We get fined 4 littering, fine 4 this n that...

That's y,i guess we're known as a "fine" country.

LoL laugh.gif

i aint be paying $$ for using public facilities!! what happened to tax we pay every time we turn around smile.gif

i aint be paying $$ for using public facilities!! what happened to tax we pay every time we turn around smile.gif

64946[/snapback]

Well, i believe it's being chucked into the ministers' pockets,

whereas some of it to construction of roads, traffics, etc,etc..

A healthcare CRM is a tech tool that assesses the efficiency of your client acquiring as well as retaining strategies. For it, you are delivered with customizable insights assisting you in building the proper and relevant tactic tailored to your specific medical business. With the help of CMR, you are also able to classify and organize the client base to conduct an in-depth study and then accurately comprehend their requirements.