Sign in to follow this  
contra

Nepali hacking/security community

Nepsecure is the only Nepali community of Nepali hacking and security enthusiasts founded by active ppl in the Nepali hacking scene. We are currently working on a site. However we already have an active forum. So feel free to drop by if ur interested in knowing about the latest security discoveries/discussion and misc issues.

Welcome to the forum cotra,

I Have just checked your forum, Keep it up...also beware of the legal stuffs. You cannot give hacking advice without knowing the user intention. If you could strengthen your site with the help of various govt ot the non govt organisation it would be good for you.

Continue to come in our forum as well, Where are you guys hosting it from?

Welcome to the forum cotra,

I Have just checked your forum, Keep it up...also beware of the legal stuffs. You cannot give hacking advice without knowing the user intention. If you could strengthen your site with the help of various govt ot the non govt organisation it would be good for you.

Continue to come in our forum biggrin.gif  as well, Where are you guys hosting it from?

59425[/snapback]

Hey thx ..i was more then happy to discover a Nepali forum(wnso) with active computing topics.

Yes we definitely are in the grey area. However ppl like hUnter have done some incredible work like releasing several original advisory/exploits regarding software like Norton AV to Winrar. A complete list of his discoveries : www.geocities.com/visitbipin

There always is a danger of people misusing the information esp the "exploit release" of Nepali sites. However so far nothing serious is posted publically (except the usual XSS bugs)

Expecting support from gov/non-gov organsiation is a bleak prospect...however away from the site ..personally though we have helped Nepali companies fix the more serious problems by informing them thru a non-gov IT related organisation.

The main focus of the forum and the upcoming site is to encourage ppl to take up security as a hobby and play with code,OS,etc and not go around becoming script kiddies. In Nepal we have a limited yet growing no. of ppl who can unleash their potential as security enthusiasts so hopefully we can unite like minded ppl to share knowledge. Anyway enuff of my blabbering biggrin.gif

The site is hosted by a friend in the UK.

Interesting.

What I have noticed there about the open code for hotmail and stuff, do you think that will be okay from the web-watchers? I saw phew there, I quickly browsed most of the topic there, I think It would be better to give the idea to the users from the base...Like ..once it happened here when I gave the code it wwas hard for the user to understand.

Specially in linux, It is nothing ...when you understand...and can't live without once you are in it.However in the nepalese perspective we are way back in *nix. I appreceate your effort. You might want to surprise that wnso is hosted from Uk as well... Do you want the banner exchange with your site ?? As you are in the begining stage, it might be good for you and all you guys can you come and be part of us as well? We are still looking for energitic nepalese youth.

good luck

Edited by Negative Phreek

contra...good job!! interesting forum. I need to hang around more in that forum

i was looking at ur code..des.c, how is that code going to work? where did u define the function crypt( char*, char* )? i did not even see you include any other *.c or *.cpp where function crypt( char*, char* ) is defined .

#define _XOPEN_SOURCE

#include <stdio.h>

int main(int arg,char *argv[])

{

if (arg!=3)

{

printf ("DES encryption program.\nUsage :$./des <Text> <2 character salt>\n");

exit(0);

}

printf("%s\n",crypt(argv[1],argv[2]));

exit(0);

}

contra...good job!! interesting forum. I need to hang around more in that forum

i was looking at ur code..des.c, how is that code going to work? where did u define the function crypt( char*, char* )? i did not even see you include any other *.c or *.cpp where function crypt( char*, char* ) is defined .

Was he using vim or some other unix editor instead of plain DOS or notepad ??...could be one reason.

Linuxuser..just wondering !! Have you done any shell-scripting under your red hat?

Edited by Negative Phreek

welcome !!!

i apreciate ur work in this feild hope by being united n n keep sharing knowlege we can achive our goal..

Linuxuser..just wondering !! Have you done any shell-scripting under your red hat?

yes i have done some bash and csh scripting. and yes Perl. One time i wrote Oracle database driven web application in Perl on Sun solaris boxes ( it was fun !!! ) I love those Sun solaris boxes smile.gif

Hey linuxuser i am using the crypt() function (based on DES) in linux used to encrypt /etc/passwd but of course these days md5 too is used.

I don't require to define a function for crypt because it's a library already available in linux!! All i need to do is let the compiler i.e. gcc know that i am using crypt() library.

Compile : gcc -o des des.c -lcrypt

Also check out the man page of crypt

Linux is truly a platform for programmers!!!