Sign in to follow this  
Shima

UBUNTU

Do you know about UBUNTU? smile.gif

Isn't it cool?

"Ubuntu" is an ancient African word, meaning "humanity to others". Ubuntu also means "I am what I am because of who we all are". The Ubuntu Linux distribution brings the spirit of Ubuntu to the software world.

A good lesson .............. smile.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gif

UBUNTU!!!!!!!Good for them!!!!!

Sameer......

UBUNTU isn't as charming or whatever you call it as SuSE tongue.gif , But truely the variation of linux distribution reall make it a wonderful world. Never heard UBUNTU. but ...i mean...isn't that bad ..either tongue.gif

Linux isn't an operating system. LINUX is just a kernel. And everything else is just a software written to ride on kernel. This make LINUX heavily customisable and actually make a computeras you want. It's so tempting. On the other spectrum, MAC ..NoVELL already are compromised with Linux Kernel. Well, UBUNTU , I never heard this , Is it just out ?

If so can you copy and paste here the details of /usr/home/Shima and /sbin/lsmod tongue.gif

Edited by Negative Phreek

Well, UBUNTU , I never heard this , Is it just out ?

58221[/snapback]

Phreek,

I do not believe you never heard of this thing. Becuase, looking at this thread I could not stop searching for UBUNTU on google and I found a lot of information concenring this thing and linux. I did it even though I am not using linux. I can't belive that you, who always do searching and solving querries, do not know about this tongue.gif

Thanks shima for bringing this to us and laloo for showing the link and to phreek for freaking with his workds smile.gif

Thank you benktesh,

One thing anout linux is there are quite a lot of distribution, I don't even bother going for another one because SuSE is my favourite and there isn't much difference with other distribution.

So far I have used Redhat,mandrake,knoppix,gnome...don't bother to write cos there are a lot. Another thing is all the major distribution has KDE window manager so .. really it doesn't matter whatever distros you are using. Most important is we have to know the shell or the terminal commands.

UBUNTU is nice I 've just seen after that laloopate link. Thanks to shima for the info though.

Phreek thanks for detailed info

Yes I heard about redhat version of linux. Thanks for explanation you made which updated my knowledge on linux and version. With this informaion I can give a long lecture if it requires to many of my friends smile.gif