Sign in to follow this  
admin

Should we use banner in WNSO Network?

Should we use banner in WNSO Network?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Should we use banner in WNSO Network?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't mind

Please give your view whether you like concept of using banner in WNSO in order to generate revenue. It may slowdown page load with members who has slow connection and slow computer. Some members may find it just irritating and some may find more exciting.

Please give your view whether you like concept of using banner in WNSO in order to generate revenue. It may slowdown page load with members who has slow connection and slow computer. Some members may find it just irritating and some may find more exciting.

57108[/snapback]

I belive we should think of generating revenue for long term sustainability. But I do not like pop ups. Just banner is ok for me. We may have to undergo slow transfer of data but we would go long in the pace of time as we cannot go for ever for free. So being independent and self reliant should an issue of concern for the members of wnso for the long term sustainability.

And beside, a charitable organization needs charity and continuous source of revenue to run its charity.

Thanks.

I dont know. rajunpal asked our views about WNSO Addict and we gave that but it was not done.....i think those sort of things depends on u guys to do this and that. Do as u wish!!!!! but i sure am gonna comment when u have one....

Sameer.......

Sameer......

Be glad that this forum is not owned by individual but it's an organisation. The proposal I forwarded had not been answered by many members. Thanks you did and couple others.I don't think it's clever to decide just yet. Whe have a lot members out there.Haven't seen a view....or probably they are too scare to put one ... biggrin.gif

Can I ask a really SILLY question? tongue.gif

And about people making suggestions..if a community(which is what this is/was) feels that change needs to be made, don't they have a right to suggest whatever they see fit, have it listened to, and effectively voted up OR down by other members and/or the elders(or administrator in this case)?

This is the proper forum for suggestions to be made, and obviously others don't have a problem ignoring it if they don't feel it's important enough.....but IS IT RIGHT?

I dont know. rajunpal asked our views about WNSO Addict and we gave that but it was not done.....i think those sort of things depends on u guys to do this and that. Do as u wish!!!!! but i sure am gonna comment when u have one....

Sameer.......

57127[/snapback]

Sawmer, common. Don't say that please. You are one of very creative members here. If you say so, what we expect from others? It is very important to know members view before making any changes. This is organisation and Members are its asest. What we need to remember is, everything we discuss do not necessarily have to implement immediately. If we do so, WNSO will be changed every other day. All the members view is very important and will be accounted.

Regarding WNSO Addict, we are still waiting for other members to give their view. And sooner or later, we have to decide and announce about it. So please give your view here too.

From myside, I am with Benktesh. If we want long term stability, we need to find regular source of income and we have to test various method for that. So, placing banner, without pop, should be ok to me.

Sirupate: We didn't say we have to ignore people with slow connection, we just asked what members think. And members with slow connection also have chance to give their view what they feel.

in order to generate revenue.

Admin,

I am not so much good in Economics.

Could you please elaborate "Generation of Revenue" and its relationship with Banner?

Sure you can use Banner. It will be helpful for the future of WNSO.

But my theory for every decision is based upon calculation. Just because you get revenue you go on adding Banner, this will lead to worse path.

What my opinion is you made a rule that what size should page be, and speed of transfer rate. You set it first by calculation.

Then you can add banner till the limit is not reached, if limit tends to cross its line, don't put other banner.

More technical person can work on the calculation of data transfer rate.

think those sort of things depends on u guys to do this and that. Do as u wish!!!!! but i sure am gonna comment when u have one

Me too.....no matter what in the end people will end up doing what they want anyways.

If we want long term stability, we need to find regular source of income and we have to test various method for that. So, placing banner, without pop, should be ok to me.

Regular source of income ? for what and how much and why ? Sorry for being nosy but again its me.