Sign in to follow this  
yash77

Anybody to help me choosing the right university?

Hi,

This is Suresh Babu. I have completed my 3 years bachelors degree in Information Technology (BSc IT) from College for Professional Studies, Kathmandu, a study center of Sikkim Manipal University with the aggreate of 65%. Now, I want to continue my study in US college. Those college which can offer education on low price would be better for me. I am preparing for the TOEFL test. Can anybody help me choosing the right college for my further study ?

yash77,

welcome to wnso

You can continue asking the questions you need on this thread, we expect members to post reply the same thread not to email if that sounds helpful. However you are a IT student and you have done the bachelors

studying abroad mean you are going to specialize on specific subjest choose one among them

1.Computer Networkin

2. database Mgt.

3. Programming computing

4. Website and graphic designing

I forgot another one right now coz my head is spiinig at the moment with network math tongue.gif

be specific and try using google also mention univerity, coz you are not going to get admission on community college at master level. unless you choose to repeat graduation. Hope this may light something. Please feel free to ask more we are here to assist you...

Edited by rajunpl

rajunpl,

Thanx 4 yr kind information. It is somehow useful 4 me. I want 2 choose Computer Networkin for specialization. Google seems almost impossible for we like begginers who know nothing about USA. So would u plz further suggest me ?

Suresh

hmm.. so you are going to take same headche that I have tongue.gif , Nah it's fun ...

Welcome to the IT jungle.

Since you have choosen Networking add security to it. You are also going to need basic programming to build some networking scripts. You have to be well prepared with UNix environment as well, that's where networking start. So you had a problem on googling. I had a 1 member on wnso from US who was running educational service but he is not around now. I will let you know if he comes around but I think it's your duty to keep communicating seniors by PM or in the forum.

Let me check google.

1. http://www.cmu.edu/home/index/departments.html

2. http://www.utulsa.edu/

3. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Msc+N...s+on+US&spell=1

Also try emailing each university to send you more detailed prospectus they will keep on contact with you ......you have to be more aware and keep on asking them, don't forget to ask about scholarship provision.

Hi,

This is Suresh Babu. I have completed my 3 years bachelors degree in Information Technology (BSc IT) from College for Professional Studies, Kathmandu, a study center of Sikkim Manipal University with the aggreate of 65%. Now, I want to continue my study in US college. Those college which can offer education on low price would be better for me. I am preparing for the TOEFL test. Can anybody help me choosing the right college for my further study ?

56882[/snapback]

Hi Yash77

Great to have you here in this forum. I would like to welcome you once again on our behalf. I am sure you would find the information you require in this forum.

Thanks and have a great experience in this forum.

Benktesh

Dear Suresh Babu,

Warm welcome to WNSO!

I would rather advise you to have a minute tour of http://www.usjournal.com/ where you will find plenty of US universities so that you can pick up one as per your choice.

Wish you best of luck!

Take care,

Edited by Pokhrel

Hi,

hey Yash77,

Let me help u out. Since u have 3 yr bachelor degree, u r still considered undergraduate student here in US. US bachelor requires 4 academic years ( about 130 credit hrs). So my suggestion to u is try to transfer and get US bachelor degree. You can major in Computer Sc ( since ur prior credits are in this field), so more hrs may transfer. TOEFL is a must, but if u want to get some scholarship, try to take SAT also. i can help u with the list of colleges u should apply later on. Also, do some research on US colleges/universities on ur own. good luck.

Hi,

hey Yash77,

Let me help u out. Since u have 3 yr bachelor degree, u r still considered undergraduate student here in US. US bachelor requires 4 academic years ( about 130 credit hrs). So my suggestion to u is try to transfer and get US bachelor degree. You can major in Computer Sc ( since ur prior credits are in this field), so more hrs may transfer. TOEFL is a must, but if u want to get some scholarship, try to take SAT also. i can help u with the list of colleges u should apply later on. Also, do some research on US colleges/universities on ur own. good luck.

57414[/snapback]

yeah I agree..3 Yrs consider s Bachelor n you need to do 1 yr with some GE (General Education) course here..

Beside University, I also recommend to research where U would Like to study... How much you can afford.

Well.. US is big country where ..Some part weather sucks n somewhere price sucks... So I also recommend to talk to adivsor directly to the Uni, I wish you good luck and you can email me directly at rojwol@sfsu.edu I am doing Master in CIS in San francisco...I can give you some suggestion and recommendations..GL again

Edited by rojwol