Sign in to follow this  
distant_memory

PROUD TO B A NEPALI??

comon guys, don't be too proud, we don't deserve that much.

Just a simple question. when did you first realized that you are proud to be a Nepali? could somebody answer that for me.

66631[/snapback]

I did realise when I was born and learned to speak. Do you think you wanna be hero speaking like that? Nobody will give you ............. why are you not proud can you answer me this?

no offence

Just a simple question. when did you first realized that you are proud to be a Nepali? could somebody answer that for me.

66631[/snapback]

why don't we deserve it????tell me.....

and i started to feel proud of being nepali eversince i was taught abt the anglo-nepal war at school, eversince i first learnt that the blood running through the veins of mine is of those forefathers who gave every single drop of their blood for their nation so that today we can live in an ever independent country no matter what's going on in nepal.

so how can u say that we don't deserve to be proud to be a nepali????

himal jhai attal yo

jhuke na kahilay

lattray na kahilay

jangin nisan hamro

I did realise when I was born and learned to speak. Do you think you wanna be hero speaking like that? Nobody will give you ............. why are you not proud can you answer me this?

Southern, I have no intentions of thinking myself a hero by just quoting what Bhakti Thapa and Amar Thapa did back in the history.

and i started to feel proud of being nepali eversince i was taught abt the anglo-nepal war at school, eversince i first learnt that the blood running through the veins of mine is of those forefathers who gave every single drop of their blood for their nation so that today we can live in an ever independent country no matter what's going on in nepal.
That's what prevents me from being proud.

Being the decendant of such great forefathers I have not done anything to protect what they have left for us.

Prithivi Narayan, at that time, superimposed so many "rajyas", and now I instead of leading the country to show what we are in the world I am struggling to protect my own soveireignty. PNS united people from Mechi with the people form Mahakali, but now I am unable to find a single statement of agreement among people within the singadurbar,narayanhiti,rolpali cave or whereever. not even for the sake of the sovereignty of the country.

"Oho yo ta buddha ko chora-nati ho!" bahnera herchan malai sansarka manche le. But I am haunted by the souls within my home, where my brothers chopped each other. So I can't come out of my door "proudly" and face the world as a decendant of Buddha. Malai kata-kata laaj lagcha, afai dekhi.

I can't be "PROUD" because I am the nalayak choro, no matter how great my father was. The contrast between me and my history hurts me. Each and every drop of blood of my forefathers haunts me.

himal jhai attal yo

jhuke na kahilay

lattray na kahilay

jangin nisan hamro

this thing was written back in the history when Nepali could be really proud of themselves. I don't dare, today, to recite this poem.

And finally, This is not pessimism. this is the fact and the reality of my existence.

"Oho yo ta buddha ko chora-nati ho!" bahnera herchan malai sansarka manche le. But I am haunted by the souls within my home, where my brothers chopped each other. So I can't come out of my door "proudly" and face the world  as a decendant of Buddha. Malai kata-kata laaj lagcha, afai dekhi.

I can't be "PROUD" because I am the nalayak choro, no matter how great my father was. The contrast between me and my history hurts me. Each and every drop  of blood of my forefathers haunts me

Well said Grounded.

Good satire as well. I agee with you.

Oho yo ta buddha ko chora-nati ho!" bahnera herchan malai sansarka manche le. But I am haunted by the souls within my home, where my brothers chopped each other. So I can't come out of my door "proudly" and face the world as a decendant of Buddha. Malai kata-kata laaj lagcha, afai dekhi.

oh of course the things u r sayining are right.....tara aja yo samaya laaj manera ra nepali huna ma garva garnu hudaina bhanne nara ghankaunu bhanda desh ko lagi j garna sakinchha tehi garnu parchha. ho ma manchhu harmro desh ma asanti chha garibi chha tara hamilay aja ko yuwa varga lay afno tarfa bata j jati garna sakinchha tyo garnu parchha instead of feeling ashamed and wasting ur time saying"malai nepali bhako garva lagdaina"

yedi k hi garna sakdaina bane tickai chha tes ma laaj mannu parne k hi ma dekdina.at least try ta garnu paryo ni. j chha afno bas ma manchhe lay tehi garnu parchha.

kasailay GUCCI, ARMANI ko dress lagauchha nai afu chai sadaran tailor ko dress lagaucha bhandai ma afu naggo bhaye ko mahasus gareko jasto malai lagyo......

Edited by Muskan

66631[/snapback]

I feel proud 2 b Nepali since i undertand the glorifing history of Nepal.The only country in world which never been slave of any country although it's between the two giant conutries..

The country whose people r so brave n powerful that once hitler used to say"If i would have been a army of Nepali solder's i would have command over whole world". more than 13(sorry don't know exact) cictoria cross awardee r from nepal..it's a proud in itselfelf.

Country of Gautam Buddha n tenzing norway serpa...the higest peak in the world...second largest source of water..every single thing attach to nepal has it's own value & dignity .

why u proud to b son of ur father..like this sort of question had no answer same way why we proud to b nepali doesn't doesn't any snese...wathever in the form we r ...we was , we were n we will feel proud to b known as nepali.

Being the decendant of such great forefathers I have not done anything to protect what they have left for us.

Prithivi Narayan, at that time, superimposed so many "rajyas", and now I instead of leading the country to show what we are in the world I am struggling to protect my own soveireignty. PNS united people from Mechi with the people form Mahakali, but now I am unable to find a single statement of agreement among people within the singadurbar,narayanhiti,rolpali cave or whereever. not even for the sake of the sovereignty of the country.

"Oho yo ta buddha ko chora-nati ho!" bahnera herchan malai sansarka manche le. But I am haunted by the souls within my home, where my brothers chopped each other. So I can't come out of my door "proudly" and face the world as a decendant of Buddha. Malai kata-kata laaj lagcha, afai dekhi.

I can't be "PROUD" because I am the nalayak choro, no matter how great my father was. The contrast between me and my history hurts me. Each and every drop of blood of my forefathers haunts me.

himal jhai attal yo

jhuke na kahilay

lattray na kahilay

jangin nisan hamro

this thing was written back in the history when Nepali could be really proud of themselves. I don't dare, today, to recite this poem.

watever u said above that is bcoz of present condition of Nepal. or u can say after 1996...Nepali word denotes to the people since the orgin of nepal..So not being proud of is like not proud of our ancestors.....

who r the main culprits for present situation of Nepal?? I..U...n we all..we r the building block of our Nepal..so we r responsible for wat is hapenning in Nepal,otherwise our next genration will hesitate to say"I AM PROUD TO B NEPALI" like u ,my friend..

"hatne hoina dati ladne nepali ko bani huncha

kahile najhukne sir ubheko swabhimani nepali huncha"