Sign in to follow this  
Limitation//Moon

Keyboard 'shortcuts' For M$

This is a quick guide to shortcuts using your keyboard .. some of these are very well known and some aren't as well know. Before attempting this I did a quick search and it came up with not a lot.

Keyboard shortcuts. [These are all tested on Windows XP]

This tutorial assumes you have a microsoft keyboard ( one with the winkey[ the little key with the microsoft flag on it])

With all the winkey shortcuts, keys are all pressed at the same time.

1. Winkey + E = If you press the winkey and the E buttom simultaneously it will bring up Windows explorer.

2. Winkey (by itself) = If you press the Winkey by itself it brings up the start menu [the same as moving your curser over the start button and pressing it].

3. Winkey + D = This shortcut minimizes all windows and shows the desktop

4. Winkey + D [again] = If you press the winkey + D to minimize all your open windows and show the desktop you can be taken back to where you were by pressing the winkey + D again. In other words it will bring up all your windows again exactly how you had them.

5. Winkey + F = This allows you to do a search. The same as, Start > Search > Find files or folders.

6. Winkey + L = If your using Windows XP this will lock your computer

7. Winkey + M = This minimzes all open windows in much the same way as "Winkey + D" does

8. Winkey + Shift + M = This displays all windows how you had them before you did "Winkey +m"

9. Winkey + Tab = This allows you to cycle through all the buttons on the task bar

10. Winkey + R = This brings up the "Run" dialog box [start > Run]

11. Winkey + F1 = This brings up XP's help and support center

12. Winkey + Pause Break = This brings up the System Properties dialog box

13. ALT + TAB = This allows you to scroll between open programs

14. CTRL + ESC = This does the same as pressing the winkey button on its own (it brings up the start menu)

15. CTRL + C = Copy

16. CTRL + X = Cut

17. CTRL + V = Paste

18. CTRL + ALT + DELETE = Windows Task manager (in XP)

While there are many more "Shortcuts" that can be added to this very basic tutorial. These are the main ones. Most programs such as MS Word, Wordpad, Internet Explorer etc... all have their own shortcuts aswell .. however the ones in this tut are not program specific.

I hope this helps some people navigate through windows quicker and easier and let me know if you have discovered any new.

cool.gifcool.gif

This is a quick guide to shortcuts using your keyboard .. some of these are very well known and some aren't as well know. Before attempting this I did a quick search and it came up with not a lot.

Keyboard shortcuts. [These are all tested on Windows XP]

This tutorial assumes you have a microsoft keyboard ( one with the winkey[ the little key with the microsoft flag on it])

With all the winkey shortcuts, keys are all pressed at the same time.

1. Winkey + E = If you press the winkey and the E buttom simultaneously it will bring up Windows explorer.

2. Winkey (by itself) = If you press the Winkey by itself it brings up the start menu [the same as moving your curser over the start button and pressing it].

3. Winkey + D = This shortcut minimizes all windows and shows the desktop

4. Winkey + D [again] = If you press the winkey + D to minimize all your open windows and show the desktop you can be taken back to where you were by pressing the winkey + D again. In other words it will bring up all your windows again exactly how you had them.

5. Winkey + F = This allows you to do a search. The same as, Start > Search > Find files or folders.

6. Winkey + L = If your using Windows XP this will lock your computer

7. Winkey + M = This minimzes all open windows in much the same way as "Winkey + D" does

8. Winkey + Shift + M = This displays all windows how you had them before you did "Winkey +m"

9. Winkey + Tab = This allows you to cycle through all the buttons on the task bar

10. Winkey + R = This brings up the "Run" dialog box [start > Run]

11. Winkey + F1 = This brings up XP's help and support center

12. Winkey + Pause Break = This brings up the System Properties dialog box

13. ALT + TAB = This allows you to scroll between open programs

14. CTRL + ESC = This does the same as pressing the winkey button on its own (it brings up the start menu)

15. CTRL + C = Copy

16. CTRL + X = Cut

17. CTRL + V = Paste

18. CTRL + ALT + DELETE = Windows Task manager (in XP)

While there are many more "Shortcuts" that can be added to this very basic tutorial. These are the main ones. Most programs such as MS Word, Wordpad, Internet Explorer etc... all have their own shortcuts aswell .. however the ones in this tut are not program specific.

I hope this helps some people navigate through windows quicker and easier and let me know if you have discovered any new.

cool.gif  cool.gif

51953[/snapback]

windows makes people crazy laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I know you don't like (WINDOZE) ..and it ain't really amazing .. laugh.giflaugh.gif damn it I dunno the spelling....Don't worry my Linux friend there is still a lot of popularity windoze has amongst the vast majority of people.

I do have enough passion on Unix variant too.

there is still a lot of popularity windoze has amongst the vast majority of people.

52013[/snapback]

Can't help, coz the people are stupid enough laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifmad.gif

there is still a lot of popularity windoze has amongst the vast majority of people.

52013[/snapback]

52046[/snapback]

You are right.

Though windows has done a lot to give the easiest interface,We cannot blame Microsoft who has alrady spent billion and billion of dollar to give the best user interface. Linux can give the same performance,though it takes time to learn. Linux developers have almost never sleep to make this platform...no 1,

Big giants like IBM,APPLE MAC and NOVELL has already bowed to linux and newer version of their operation system is wrtten on Linux kernel 2.6.x,

Due to the TCP/IP, and being free version of UNIX No one can stop the influence of linux.

Again, I am assuming when you said Can't help, coz the people are stupid enough you are pointing to nepalese and you are right.

Shame us!!, coz We don't even have LUG (LINUX USER GROUP) on the whole country. 1 who claims to be the LUG of nepal is no better than us.

Valid point.

52013[/snapback]

52046[/snapback]

You are right.

Though windows has done a lot to give the easiest interface,We cannot blame Microsoft who has alrady spent billion and billion of dollar to give the best user interface. Linux can give the same performance,though it takes time to learn. Linux developers have almost never sleep to make this platform...no 1,

Big giants like IBM,APPLE MAC and NOVELL has already bowed to linux and newer version of their operation system is wrtten on Linux kernel 2.6.x,

Due to the TCP/IP, and being free version of UNIX No one can stop the influence of linux.

Again, I am assuming when you said Can't help, coz the people are stupid enough you are pointing to nepalese and you are right.

Shame us!!, coz We don't even have LUG (LINUX USER GROUP) on the whole country. 1 who claims to be the LUG of nepal is no better than us.

Valid point.

52174[/snapback]

Well, What to do in Kathmandu??? biggrin.gif

There is a NEPALESE LINUX SITE called http://www.linuxnepal.com.np/ but it remains on the web only so far...need lot to do to get on the street.

But if You want to ride Linux on kathmandu, install any variation of Linux on X86 box and it's done.

I may be not clear by your question though, coz it was short and sweet ..LOL