Sign in to follow this  
Triene

How often do you format your computer

Right click the c drive and select "Format...". A window will open. You probably won't have to change any option. Click Format. Two things may happen then: Either the drive is being formated or it says you can't format the drive because it's used by some program or because it's used by the operating system. In the first case, close as many programs as you can and try again. In the second case, you'll have to reboot in dos mode * and formatting from there **.

* -> You'll need a floppy disk to boot from there. Using command or cmd won't work.

** -> Use the format program, however it may not work if the drive is in ntfs. In that case you'll have to use fdisk to delete the partition and create it again. Format it in FAT and boot in Windows. Format it again in NTFS (or you can use programs like partition magic).

<<Wow!! Rajunpl and I posted the comment at the same time smile.gif Santos, u can follow Rajupl's instruction,,that works too >>

Edited by rs_1915

Your one is faster rs if he wants to install Linux LOl, anyone could do this with startup disk as well. OR blank floppy LOL ...if it is really a problem Give me your IP address I will do it from here LOL

nice to see you back rs

Thanks guys, I've printed both your methods. I'll go home and see if any of those work.

The actual problem began when I deleted the ICP/TP protocol by mistake. Now, I just want to reinstall the whole thing and start all over again.

The actual problem began when I deleted the ICP/TP protocol by mistake. Now, I just want to reinstall the whole thing and start all over again.

Just for FYI, you dont have to reinstall the OS just because u uninstalled TCP/IP..you can always add TCP/IP by clicking Install-> Protocol --> TCP/IP, it will begin the installation. When it prompts you for the location of the files try C:\WINNT\System32 and C:\WINNT

Edited by rs_1915

and you are done you will now have freshly installed windows XP and possibly you want to hug me LOL:P

hehe...Rajunpl..u r so funny smile.gif few days ago, u guys were fighting like dog and cat, now u want his hug smile.gifsmile.gif hey just kidding hai,,it is good that u guys forgot about ur differences and ready to move on....

Edited by rs_1915

he could also goto

start> program > accessories > communication > dial-up n network connection

right hand click desrired connection

click install on general tab

sure xp cd is inside the cd drive>

click protocol and press add

click OK

and done

Anyway Genome if you can only format win98 you could format even genome simple and easy. I use use genome on live CD.

Strictly, formatting is organising and marking the surface of a disk into tracks, sectors , and cylinders. It is also sometimes (incorrectly) a term used to signify the action of writing a filesystem to a disk (especially in the Microsoft Windows/MS/PC DOS world).

So you are writing only no matter what OS you are using. Basically formatting is writing into a null. That means you are changing the location of every bit (0 and1) on your hard disk. That doesn't mean they are completely wiped out. In case of foresenic almost any data can be recovered from the lab.

However on the general formatting mean all gone. tongue.gif

whereby 0 in computer means =00000000

and 1 means = 00000001

and 2 means  = 00000010

3 means  = 00000011

Now hard disk is divided into mant logical head , cylinder and sectors when you are formatting 00000001(1 bit= x amount of data) on the logical sector say 10 (which means 00001010)  Now when you say you are formatting that means you are actually moving that x amount of data somewhere.

everything i s logical in there.

55769[/snapback]

I didn't mean to say that I only know how to format Win98. and U ***** how can you format other OS like NT, 2000 in cyber unless you need administrative password or the user with administrative options.

We can also format with bootup CD and floppys but in cyber you can realy find floopy and CD. Got that!!!

Well you are not going to format the machine on the public places who are meant to b providing services to the public. That's illegal in either way..if you are talking abt cyber cafe.

rs,

Man that wasn't a fight like a cat or dog hehe. Well When I become worse I go even further LOL. That's just abt it.