Sign in to follow this  
Triene

How often do you format your computer

Format my computer re.... Its never but arka ko computer I love to format...especially the cyber computers with windows 98.......

Its really fun in formatting others computer.. Ok next time any one needs to format the computer you can contact me la..

Format my computer re.... Its never but arka ko computer I love to format...especially the cyber computers with windows 98.......

Its really fun in formatting others computer.. Ok next time any one needs to format the computer you can contact me la..

55661[/snapback]

Hmmmm if you wanna spend 1500 bucks and come here just to format..you are more than welcome. LOL.

55661[/snapback]

Hmmmm if you wanna spend 1500 bucks and come here just to format..you are more than welcome. LOL.

55668[/snapback]

Well I thought you gonna pay be for that........ I have to format the computer and again I have to spend the money ....NO WAY

Well I thought you gonna pay be for that........ I have to format the computer and again I have to spend the money ....NO WAY

Hmmm damn i wanna live in that dream world as you do. tongue.gif

Hmmm damn i wanna live in that dream world as you do. tongue.gif

55717[/snapback]

Ok the lets share this world then

You and I in this beautiful world

hehe just kidding

Anyway Genome if you can only format win98 you could format even genome simple and easy. I use use genome on live CD.

Strictly, formatting is organising and marking the surface of a disk into tracks, sectors , and cylinders. It is also sometimes (incorrectly) a term used to signify the action of writing a filesystem to a disk (especially in the Microsoft Windows/MS/PC DOS world).

So you are writing only no matter what OS you are using. Basically formatting is writing into a null. That means you are changing the location of every bit (0 and1) on your hard disk. That doesn't mean they are completely wiped out. In case of foresenic almost any data can be recovered from the lab.

However on the general formatting mean all gone. tongue.gif

whereby 0 in computer means =00000000

and 1 means = 00000001

and 2 means = 00000010

3 means = 00000011

Now hard disk is divided into mant logical head , cylinder and sectors when you are formatting 00000001(1 bit= x amount of data) on the logical sector say 10 (which means 00001010) Now when you say you are formatting that means you are actually moving that x amount of data somewhere.

everything i s logical in there.

Edited by rajunpl

Do any of you know how to format a hard disc that has only one operating system (WIN XP home) and no partitions.

I've already tried by starting the computer in DOS but as the main operating system is WIN XP, the computer does not remove the program.

Any help would be appreciated.

What exactly you want to do?

1. Do you want to re-install operating system?

2. Do you just want to format for the virus cause?

3. Do you want to install other operating system?

4. Do you want to partition?

Well classic formatting command is

C:\> format c:

but the best way is to boot the computer from the XP home CD and you will get a format option after some clicks. But make sure you are formatting in NTFS if you are using XP again.

NTFS formatting is for windows NT/2000/XP

FAT32 is for Windows Me and all the OS backwards.

What exactly you want to do?

1. Do you want to re-install operating system?

2. Do you just want to format for the virus cause?

3. Do you want to install other operating system?

4. Do you want to partition?

Well classic formatting command is

C:\> format c:

but the best way is to boot the computer from the XP home CD and you will get a format option after some clicks. But make sure you are formatting in NTFS if you are using XP again.

NTFS formatting is for windows NT/2000/XP

FAT32 is for Windows Me and all the OS backwards.

55773[/snapback]

I want to clear everything (format) thats there and reinstall win XP again.

I've already tried the classic command but the computer gave me a message to close XP before i try to format c: .................. and funnily, i can't get into DOS or anything else without chosing XP as my operating system (hope all of this is making sense) so XP is always running when the computer is operating.

Okay if you follow the process below your computer will automatically format and you will have the reinstalltion of XP automatically. You may want to print this beforehand.

1.Start your computer from the Windows XP CD-ROM. To do this, insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, and then restart your computer.

Press any key to cotinue...Don't sit there watching countdown. Press any key when it says press any key, as i am gping to say on no.2

2.When the "Press any key to boot from CD" message appears on the screen, press any key to start the computer from the Windows XP CD-ROM.

At the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to begin Windows XP Setup.

3.Read the End-User License Agreement, and then press F8.

Select the partition in which you want to install Windows XP, and then press ENTER.

ENTER to continue. ( you will possibly want to press enter...so do it now..don't need to think twice)

OR Press ESC to install to a different folder. But you will not want this.

4.(IMP: DO THIS ONLY IF YOU HAVEN'T HAVE BACKUP) But you will need to back up before all these process if you have critical data. If the Setup program detects another operating system folder, it prompts you to type the name for the new folder after the back slash (\), for example, \WINXP. If there are no other operating systems detected, the Setup program automatically names the folder \Windows.

5.Next you will now see the formatting option. Choose *format using NTFS* select the ususal format not the quick. Now go take shower and start cooking the food whatever you like when you come back XP will automatically format and start install on it 's own. **remember it will automaticaaly rebbot here don't be scare and don't dare to touch as well.

XP will ask you whenever he needs you .

Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Windows XP Setup.

and you are done you will now have freshly installed windows XP and possibly you want to hug me LOL:P