Sign in to follow this  
Triene

How often do you format your computer

So people tell me how often do you like to format....about me once every other month is a ritual....i know its not good for harddrive but well seems i have to. The funny thing is till the time i was not too much into such stuffs i didnt need to format neither worry.... everything ran so smoothly....and once i got into it and started gaining some knowledge...and may be did stuffs i should have left back......i am paying the price now. After i get a laptop i promise my laptop that i will never treat you bad. LOL.

formatting harddrive once a month smile.gif where did u get all that energy?

I never format it if i dont have to .......Actually some of the sectors at my work computer went bad, I had to get a new drive, i hate going thru all the installation/formatting process..i should GHOST IMAGE it smile.gifsmile.gif

Edited by rs_1915

QUOTE (rs_1915 @ Jul 27 2004, 03:15 PM)
formatting harddrive once a month smile.gif where did u get all that energy?
I never format it if i dont have to .......Actually some of the sectors at my work computer went bad, I had to get a new drive, i hate going thru all the installation/formatting process..i should GHOST IMAGE it smile.gifsmile.gif

Hhehe the funny thing is...i need to format.....its been like addiction. biggrin.gif

Lol...here's my baby, Theoritically it's good for long life to format once in a 6 month. That will help your guy to live longer. Like When i format my cutie once in a 5 days. Some seasoned head told me that it will decrease the lifespan of Hard disk

I proved them , there's nothing wronr. Technically when you format your hard disk it's the process of reading and writing. same as you upload and download. Write and erase file in your hard disk.

Formating is nothing more than reading and writing. So it will make your computer healthy.

Give mercy to your cutie 'Miss eye' biggrin.gif

Yes you are right but what can i do.....when i dont format....i feel my whole system is slow......even if it is not. LOL...weird me. www.rottentomatoes.com biggrin.gif

Sometimes simple scandisk and clean disk utility help to go faster biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif , If that doesn't really help than you gotta do PM or some weired things like that so that It will accelarate your system. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

QUOTE (rajunpl @ Jul 27 2004, 07:05 PM)
Sometimes simple scandisk and clean disk utility help to go faster biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif , If that doesn't really help than you gotta do PM or some weired things like that so that It will accelarate your system. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I do clean everything that needs to be cleaned and may be more lol........still i love formating awwwww nothing can beat the new freshness hehee.

QUOTE (rajunpl @ Jul 27 2004, 07:12 PM)
That's very true. Nothing beat the fresh Formatted disk. It's like brand new. Any Operating system will fit there and makes your life happy. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif ,

Oh yea baby....yum yum lol....and check your pm dammit. tongue.gif