Sign in to follow this  
Maxgoethals

How much fun is too MUCH

Hello folks,

I am representing my viewpoint regarding the change in people's priorities in life and what it could really end up being.

Coming to America has certainly had some share of changes in me. I have always been so competitive at trying to be COOL...and be the one who is liked by everyone...and talked by everyone.

Now, at a stage, which is now, I reflect back when I was in Nepal, studying in High School, and how being cool did not really bother me. I was popular but that was it...

MOre later...gotta go see the PLAY at my college..

have a great weekend...

Max biggrin.gifsmile.gif

I am back... the concert is going an intermission.....

Well, acting 'cool' has been the phase that most people love to get into. It just something, which every one cares about at this time. Almost every body...

For me, its been almost a tragedy to try to become a cool guy... cause it puts your identity to a gamble... where you end up either losing or winning, but getting a new look, which is very different from the originality.

I am quite annoyed at his fact, that I try emulating people to become cool...accepted it...and I know well, that there are people who try to mimick my behaviors...all for becoming cool...isn't that just stupefying...

But, the point that I would like do emphasize is that, these acts are just out of stupidity in order to get accepted by the so called society that we set it up...weird...

More later...

I needa go...

See you all...bye smile.gif

Maxgoethals,

this is what i think about being cool. I personally care less what people think of me.

Just be urself. If people dont think u r cool, dont let that bother u. I think term "cool" is only popular among immature, stupid kids!! You never hear/feel that in mainstream corporate america or higher education ( college level ).

Hi,

I know what you are saying and it does sound a more like a 'model' thumb rule. I don't really know about mainstream America, but in the college that I go to, I quite had been affected by the being cool thing. It sure is irksome.

More so, working in many American places, I do find out that there is a disposition to being 'cool'. It is because work in America is so fast-paced, that this 'cool' person, could lessen the tediousness to it.

I would really appreciated to hear more comments and critics over this issue.

Take care.

Have a good start.

Max smile.gif