Sign in to follow this  
Sirupate

'Fahrenheit 9/11' wins top honor at Cannes

'Fahrenheit 9/11' wins top honor at Cannes

American filmmaker Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11," a scathing indictment of White House actions after the Sept. 11 attacks, won the top prize today at the Cannes Film Festival.

"Fahrenheit 9/11" was the first documentary to win Cannes' prestigious Palme d'Or since Jacques Cousteau's and Louis Malle's "The Silent World" in 1956.

Click here

Don't wanna miss this film. wink.gif

Personally, I am not interested to watch this movie as it says the most of the film is about Iraq. Though i will watch it with Open mind and skeptical eye.

Sounds interesting. Yasto filim ta na chale ni HOUSE FULL ko board tasera bhaye ni chalaunu parchha. laugh.gif

i personally will NOT go watch this movie. I am neither going to movie theater nor rent DVD/VHS to watch this movie and personally contribute money to that fat ass lame director and producer who do nothing but utilize the opportunity of already deteriorated situation ( such as 9/11 and Iraq war).

Hard to believe this movie got nominated for prestigious award.

This is just my view.

Edited by rs_1915

Hard to believe this movie got nominated for prestigious award.

It deseves I guess although I have not seen but read about it in the papers. Most of the celebs have supported the movie. The lastest celeb to support Moore is Madonna.

'Fahrenheit 9/11' Tops North American Box Office

Sunday June 27 11:30 AM PST

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Michael Moore's red-hot documentary "Fahrenheit 9/11" earned more in its first three days of release across North America than his Oscar-winning "Bowling for Columbine" did in its entire run, the film's distributors said on Sunday.

"Fahrenheit 9/11," in which Moore takes aim at President Bush (news - web sites), and the war in Iraq (news - web sites), opened at No. 1 after selling about $21.8 million worth of tickets in the United States and Canada since June 25.

Read more

well,,i have not watched it...it may be good, i dunno. but i have no desire to watch it.

Most of the celebs have supported the movie. The lastest celeb to support Moore is Madonna.

i really dont care about what celebs think. Most of the celebs dont know a single thing about politics, all they know is screw other people, get drunk and party ( when they r not working), waste money, and do little bit of acting....such as Madonna,, she was doing "papa dont preach" few years ago, making out in a bath tub in public, wearing a cone bra.....now she turns around, starts criticizing war, Bush...etc etc.

Edited by rs_1915

Personally, I am not interested to watch this movie as it says the most of the film is about Iraq. Though i will watch it with Open mind and skeptical eye.

hmm...so skeptical eyes would be more interesting than the movie itself. For me I should be playing fair.

Well I have one more operating system to test myself..After that I may want to see smile.gif , Look at the american movie making history. They have made about almost every war..like vietnam and pearl harbour.