Sign in to follow this  
sandesh.acharya

.htm web page

Hello WNSO family,

One of my friends has asked me the question below which I'm confused how to respond. Please suggest...

-------------------

I have a small problem with my Frongpage (2003 / XP Professional). Whenever I edit a paragraph in my .htm file, my frontpage automatically adds the html tags text I edited . This is really tedious and making my .htm file larger with unnecessary tags. Please could you help me ?

A clear example of my problem; lets suppose in my .htm file I have a line as below.

The first line of my website.

And now if I edit the line by just adding word 'good' above. Then the .htm code will look like this:

The first good line of my website.

At this point, the tags are really unnecessary.

This may sound 'small' problem to all of us. But please help solving this as it has caused severe inconvenience to me especially when I am creating a website and have to edit a paragraph several times... then the htm tags really made the paragraph code 'un-readable'.

---------

Thanks,

Sandesh

QUOTE (sandesh.acharya @ May 17 2004, 06:04 AM)
Hello WNSO family,

One of my friends has asked me the question below which I'm confused how to respond. Please suggest...

-------------------
I have a small problem with my Frongpage (2003 / XP Professional). Whenever I edit a paragraph in my .htm file, my frontpage automatically adds the html tags <span lang='en-us'> text I edited </span>. This is really tedious and making my .htm file larger with unnecessary tags. Please could you help me ?

A clear example of my problem; lets suppose in my .htm file I have a line as below.

The first line of my website.

And now if I edit the line by just adding word 'good' above. Then the .htm code will look like this:

<p> The first <span lang='en-us'>good</span> line of my website.

At this point, the <span ...> </span> tags are really unnecessary.

This may sound 'small' problem to all of us. But please help solving this as it has caused severe inconvenience to me especially when I am creating a website and have to edit a paragraph several times... then the htm tags really made the paragraph code 'un-readable'.
---------

Thanks,
Sandesh

Hello Mr. Sandesh,

Well your problem is not so much great enough, well its very much simple one. Ofcourse the frontpage adds so many unnecessary tags in html file which makes the file size higher. Well you can delete unnecessary tags in your html file. And I want to suggest is that better go with Macromedia Dreamweaver ... this is the best tools for creating professional sites. Anyway I think may this one is the answer which u wants to know.

You can not just blame FrontPage. It is very good tool for web designing. You can design professional-looking website with FrontPage. FrontPage has made life easier giving you MS Word interface which everyone knows how to use it. However, if you really wan't to make it your tool then use it in conjunction with Notepad. Once you finished the designing part on FrontPage, open that document on Notepad and delete the extra codes you want to and save it.

Yaa brother u r right that frontpage is good tool for web desiging ... But what ever u says, its totally rubbish .... your way seems that its a long path to do that job .... whatever ... its totally waste of time using frontpage, notepad and edit them and bla bla bla ....