Sign in to follow this  
Sirupate

Stupid Quotes

“Smoking kills. If you’re killed, you’ve lost a very important part of your life.” * Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for a federal anti-smoking campaign

Question: If you could live forever, would you and why?

Answer: “I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever.” * Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss USA contest

”Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can’t help but cry. I mean I’d love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff.” * Mariah Carey

”Researchers have discovered that chocolate produces some of the same reactions in the brain as marijuana. The researchers also discovered other similarities between the two, but can’t remember what they are.” * Matt Lauer on NBC’s Today show, August 22

“I haven’t committed a crime. What I did was fail to comply with the law” * David Dinkins, New York City Mayor, answering accusations that he failed to pay his taxes.

“I’ve never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body.” * Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward

“Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.”* Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, D.C.

“They’re multipurpose. Not only do they put the clips on, but they take them off.” * Pratt & Whitney spokesperson explaining why the company charged the Air Force nearly $1000 for an ordinary pair of pliers.

“That lowdown scoundrel deserves to be kicked to death by a jackass, and I’m just the one to do it.” * A congressional candidate in Texas

“The government is not doing enough about cleaning up the environment. This is a good planet.” *Mr. New Jersey contestant when asked what he would do with a million dollars.

“When I have been asked during these last weeks who caused the riots and the killing in L.A., my answer has been direct and simple: Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the killings? The killers are to blame.” *Former U.S. Vice-President Dan Quayle on the complex social issues behind the Los Angeles Riots.

“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” * Jason Kidd, upon his drafting to the Dallas Mavericks

“I’m not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are the president.” * Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

“China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese.” *Former French President Charles De Gaulle

“I don’t feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.” * John Wayne

“Half this game is ninety percent mental.” * Philadelphia Phillies manager Danny Ozark

“It isn’t pollution that’s harming the environment. It’s the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.” * Former U.S. Vice-President Dan Quayle

“Without censorship, things can get terribly confused in the public mind.” * General William Westmoreland

“What a waste it is to lose one’s mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is.” * Former U.S. Vice-President Dan Quayle at a fundraising event for the United Negro College Fund. (He was attempting to quote the line”a mind is a terrible thing to waste”.)

“If you let that sort of thing go on, your bread and butter will be cut right out from under your feet.” * Former British foreign minister Ernest Bevin

"I invented the internet".

- Al Gore, former U.S. Vice President

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious."

- Alan Minter, Boxer

"I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

- Alicia Silverstone, Actress

"How to store your baby walker: First, remove baby."

- Anonymous Manufacturer

"This is no longer a slum neighborhood. I haven't heard of a Cubs fan being shot in a long time."

- Anonymous Wrigley Field Neighbor, Chicago, IL

"During the scrimmage, Tarkanian paced the sideline with his hands in his pockets while biting his nails."

- AP report describing Fresno State basketball coach Jerry Tarkanian

"Two grand slams in a week - man, that's seven or eight ribbies right there."

- Bill Madlock, Baseball broadcaster

"You guys line up alphabetically by height."

- Bill Peterson, Florida State football coach

"Men, I want you just thinking of one word all season. One word and one word only: Super Bowl."

- Bill Peterson, football coach

"The internet is a great way to get on the net."

- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate

"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."

- Britney Spears, Pop Singer

QUOTE (KhemGurung @ Apr 2 2004, 03:47 AM)
Stupid wink.gif

Kaslai ho bhaneko? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Sirupate @ Apr 1 2004, 03:35 PM)

Question: If you could live forever, would you and why?
Answer: “I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever.” * Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss USA contest

no wonder she didn't become miss USA hahaha

”Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can’t help but cry. I mean I’d love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff.” * Mariah Carey

i don't call blondes dumb. but i guess this one is!

QUOTE (pickled_onion @ Apr 6 2004, 07:58 PM)

i don't call blondes dumb. but i guess this one is!

biggrin.gif

Saathi ramra banaune bhaye afu naramro bannu

I wonder, who said this? Really ...pid, but I don't think so.