Sign in to follow this  
Deepa Pal

Recipe For You!

A girl thing? Probably .. especially during pregnancy .. laugh.gif .. hahahahaha .. pica : when you start craving non-food items like dirt and stone and metal etc

I bet I could have beaten all of you!!! I have a stomach made of asbestos and a teflon tongue.

Edited by manchilds friend

QUOTE (manchilds friend @ Jan 25 2004, 03:47 PM)

I bet I could have beaten all of you!!! I have a stomach made of asbestos and a teflon tongue.

will have to take you up on that!!

as for cravings during pregnancy, read an article about a lady craving cigarette lighter fluid!

QUOTE (manchilds friend @ Jan 25 2004, 03:10 PM)
je pani "methi le jhanne" re

Praya jaso dherai chiz (parikar) haru methile jhaninchha. Methi je ma pani suhauchha.

kas to mitho mitho khanako parikaar, tongue.gif

mukha ma pani aayo mero ta .

tara ma lai ta banau nai aau dia na kha na,

any way,thankx load sa bai lai.

jyoti

QUOTE (Jojo @ Jan 27 2004, 04:01 PM)
tara ma lai ta banau nai aau dia na

Read all above and select one and try to make one.

QUOTE (manchilds friend @ Jan 25 2004, 03:33 PM)
Have you tried the new "BOMBAY BAD BOY" pot noodle ???? ... the sauce that comes with it is really spicy hot ... what's more ... it tastes like titaura too .. mmmmmm . i miss titauras

awww..u guyz r makin me miss titaura too.alchi laayer aaune!!..kya titaURa khaanu mann paryo..

hyerna aba next time nepal jaane bela..yesto titaura khaanchu..cherpaate chalne gari khaaidinchu...

my fupu sent me lapsi ko achaar frm nepal last week ani it is so mitho..aba sakinnai aatecha.. sad.gif

QUOTE (-Pokhareli_naani- @ Feb 3 2004, 11:49 AM)
QUOTE (manchilds friend @ Jan 25 2004, 03:33 PM)
Have you tried the new "BOMBAY BAD BOY" pot noodle ???? ... the sauce that comes with it is really spicy hot ... what's more ... it tastes like titaura too .. mmmmmm . i miss titauras

awww..u guyz r makin me miss titaura too.alchi laayer aaune!!..kya titaURa khaanu mann paryo..

hyerna aba next time nepal jaane bela..yesto titaura khaanchu..cherpaate chalne gari khaaidinchu...

my fupu sent me lapsi ko achaar frm nepal last week ani it is so mitho..aba sakinnai aatecha.. sad.gif

my mum makes this really yum apple pickle which tastes exactly like lapsi ko acchar!

as for titaura, apparently you can go to chinese delicatassens (sp??) and you get them there, my sister's mate owns a chinese shop. and you get white rabbit too and hajomola and alsorts of things you get in nepal.

It's time to Nepali recipes

Chicken Bhutuwa (Spicy Nepali Stir-Fried Chicken)

1 - 1.5 lb. Chicken, black and white, cut into 1-in pieces (or lamb or shrimps)

2 - 5 garlic gloves, minced

3 - 1 in. ginger, minced

4 - 3 fresh red chilies, minced

5 - 1 tablespoon cumin powder

6 - 1 teaspoon turmeric

7 - 1 tablespoon mustard oil

8 - 1 cup green onions, cut in 1 in. length

9 - 4 tablespoons mustard oil

10 - 1 teaspoon ground black pepper

11 - 1/4 teaspoon cinammon powder

12 - 5 cloves

13 - 1 teaspoon fenugreek

14 - Salt to taste

In a large bowl combine chicken, 1 tablespoon of mustard oil, turmeric, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat thoroughly. In a non-stick pan heat 4 tablespoons of mustard oil.

Splitter fenugreek till it turns dark. Add cloves and fry for 15 sec. Transfer the coated chicken to the pan, stir well to brown. Add garlic, ginger, and red chilies. Stir-fry chicken in medium heat until cooked through. May need water to moisten, if it starts to burn. Add green onions and cinnamon, stir for 2 min. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve with stir-fried vegetables and rice, or roti.

All the best!!

Kukhurako Sekuwa (Nepali Grilled Chicken)

1 - 2 lbs chicken breasts, skinned, boned, cut into 1-in cubes (or large shrimps)

2 - Melted butter for basting

3 - Bamboo skewers (pre-soaked for at least 30 min. in cold water)

4 - 2 cup Nepali yogurt

5 - 1 tablespoons lemon juice

6 - 2 tablespoons mustard oil

7 - 1 cup onions, roughly chopped

8 - 1 tablespoon cumin seeds

9 - 1 teaspoon coriander seeds

10 - 1/2 teaspoon turmeric

11 - 3 fresh red chilies

12 - 1 teaspoon pepper corn

13 - 1 teaspoon timur

14 - 2 cloves garlic

15 - 1 in. ginger

16 - 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed, chopped

17 - 1 cup celery, chopped

18 - 1 tablespoon soy sauce

19 - Salt to taste

20 - 1/4 cup green onions, cut in 1-in. length

In a blender combine all the marinating ingredients to form a marinade. In a large bowl mix chicken with the marinade. Marinate for at least 6 hours.

Fire up a charcoal grill. Clean the grill surface thoroughly. Thread the marinated chicken cubes into skewers. Do not overcrowd the pieces. Grill the skewered chicken cubes, frequently turning and basting with melted butter until cooked through. Take off the grill and brush the cooked sekuwas with butter before serving. Arrange the sekuwas on the bed of rice pilaf and stir-fried vegetables. Sprinkle chopped green onions over the sekuwas. Chili-cilantro chutney makes an ideal condiment for the sekuwas.

All the best!!

WOW!!

My mouth is watering and I feel hungry just by reading all your delightful recipes Deepa. I will be sure to try those chicken recipes .. they sound wonderful. ( ... now where did I keep my charcoal grill ... )

Edited by manchilds friend