Sign in to follow this  
okinawa

Blood Group

QUOTE (Sirupate @ Dec 9 2003, 10:49 AM)
I read somewhere saying Coffee beans can be mixed into B type blood, changing it into O type blood, is it true?

I have no idea .... Sounds false to me.

Do you guys know you own blood groups

I am Type AB .. I discovered this in Physiology class (drawing your own blood was a really scary experience) ...

AB this is the rarest blood type (a frequency of 3% in the UK and similar worldwide) .. the most common is type O.

QUOTE (manchilds friend @ Dec 9 2003, 12:06 PM)
AB this is the rarest blood type (a frequency of 3% in the UK and similar worldwide) .. the most common is type O.

Well MF,

Is the most common blood group type O??

I have heard that O -ve is the rarest after AB-ve .. isnt the info true???

QUOTE (Avee @ Dec 10 2003, 12:29 PM)
QUOTE (manchilds friend @ Dec 9 2003, 12:06 PM)

Well MF,

Is the most common blood group type O??

I have heard that O -ve is the rarest after AB-ve .. isnt the info true???

Avee ji,

manchields_friend meaned O possitive Blood group not O nagative. Blood group O possitive is common type. In the world only 1/2% of the population has AB negative Blood group and 7% of the population has O negative Blood. Except AB negative and O negative Blood group, other groups goes to common type generally.

Edited by Deepa Pal

Yep .. I did mean the Positive blood groups ..Most people are (Rh) + ...

so (Rh)- ones are rarer something like 85 % have the D antigen I think ... so AB negative would be the rarest of the lot

I am not sure but I think AB postive is even rarer than O negative .. (what says Deepa?? .. i don't know .. can't be bothered to look it up)

QUOTE (manchilds friend @ Dec 11 2003, 07:01 PM)
I am not sure but I think AB postive is even rarer than O negative .. (what says Deepa?? .. i don't know .. can't be bothered to look it up)

woww, so i have most rare blood in my body huh ohmy.gifohmy.gif my blood is ab+, does that mean i am lucky ? or unlucky?

QUOTE (thirdpole @ Dec 11 2003, 06:48 PM)
QUOTE (manchilds friend @ Dec 11 2003, 07:01 PM)

woww, so i have most rare blood in my body huh ohmy.gifohmy.gif my blood is ab+, does that mean i am lucky ? or unlucky?

well i'm sure you're lucky, and if you're in need of blood transfusion, a handsome (gender not specified!) person will coming running to your aid with open arms and say..."take it take it all for it'll save my beloved..." you have nothing to worry about mate, sure they have stack loads of blood in the blood bank.

did you know vampires still exist??? in the sense people have psychological disorders and they go to hospitals pretending to be ill and find their way to the blood bank and drink blood...i watched it in ER!