Sign in to follow this  
manchilds friend

My Profile

It seems that I didn't properly introduce myself the first time i logged on to this forum. So I have decided to post a few things about myself. Who knows? Perhaps I may discover something about myself in the process.

First name: Manchilds

Surname: Friend

Age: Young enough to be carefree; Old enough to know better

Marital status: Still looking for the 'one'

Place of Birth: Kathmandu (Bir hospital)

I live in a small nondescript suburb of London inhabited entirely by pensioners (or, so it appears to me). At the moment I am living with my parents ... what can I say? .. the rent is good (it's free), the food is fanatastic (my mum's a good cook) and I get my washing done for me (I'm also lazy).

I have lived outside of Nepal for most of my life .. having moved to the UK at an early age. Nepal, nevertheless will forever have a special place in my heart.

I have fond memories of growing up in Nepal, but I must say that my true childhood belongs to London. However, my schooling was a bit tumultuous in the fact that I have never stayed in one school for more than 3 years. In fact, medical school is the only institution where I have stayed for more than 3 years. I am still in medical school at present and hope to qualify soon - but the thought of starting my working life as a doctor has stirred up feelings of excitement and apprehension in equal measure.

Hobbies wise - I play the guitar (very badly) .. I was well chuffed with myself the other day after having learnt the chords to REM's "losing my religion" .. but i am still having difficulties singing and playing at the same time. I have an old Ibanez electric guitar which I have adorned with "rock and roll" stickers and pictures of girls with lots of tattoos.

I also enjoy playing golf ... I play with my dad at every opportunity .. especially during weekends where a round of 18 holes can take upto five hours ... but it's great fun. My claim to fame is sinking an eagle on a par 4 from more than 100 yards .. it was awesome .. total luck .. but awesome.

I am also a science freak .. (nerd if you prefer) .. I enjoy Sci-fi books and movies and non-fiction Popular science books too.

I love movies in general ... One of my favourite things to do is to go to the movies with my friends and then go to a restaurant afterwards and spend hours discussing that movie.

Watching documentaries is also a favourite pastime of mine, and I also like to keep up with current affairs (who doesn't).

Thanks for spending time reading the introspective ramblings of a strange guy.

Hey Manchilds friend biggrin.gif

It was near to a perfect introduction that you made in the wnso forum. Seems to me like I should also introduce myself, which I haven't though its been over a year that I became a registered member of Chautari.

Nice knowing that you are a Sci nerd, which I just fitted me too, but not anymore since coming to States have made me choose liberal arts rather than a confined art, like Medicine.

Well, Happy Thanksgiving.

Max smile.gif

Wow wow wow ... thanx for the great intro'... it was fun knowing you in detail. Keep the good work on. For sure, you will go far in life. Bonne chance.

MF!

Nice one!

But hope it wud b betta if yu wud hv given a snap of yours as well!

GO FOR IT MATE!!

QUOTE (manchilds friend @ Nov 28 2003, 09:26 AM)
I wouldn't wanna inflict psychological trauma on my fellow WNSO members.

LOL

As per my view all the members in WNSO r phychists so NO WORRIES mate! Come up! tongue.gif

QUOTE (manchilds friend @ Nov 28 2003, 11:20 AM)
I hear she wakes up screaming in the middle of the night with beads of sweat rolling down her face ...

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Wow, great to read your profile MF biradar.

You play guitar. That's great. I never learnt.

afulai ta table bajaunu matra auchha laugh.gif

Golf chahi ek palta khelya, hat dukher bijog nai bho.