Sign in to follow this  
sanskar

Keep Nepal On the List

I just went to the link provided by sanskar ...

It said that the dutch government dropped Nepal from the list because of bad governance on the part of the Nepalese ..

Surely this means that our signing the petition will make no impact on the much needed development in Nepal. Our efforts will just go into funding corrupt officials and mismanagement.

dear all,

if we don't have enough, we have to beg. a beggar wouldn't beg if he had enough to survive. a beggar has nothing so he begs.we have something but we still beg. who are we??? blink.gif what to say...

It said that the dutch government dropped Nepal from the list because of bad governance on the part of the Nepalese ..

Well, it is sad but true that in a way, Nepalese govt deserves it.

Nepal is such a small country, I just think that if Nep. govt utilizes all the foreign aids plus revenues from tourism/exports/other industries in a right way, our country would be in a better shape. However, most of the money goes to individual needs.

I just hope that the decision of the dutch govt will be an eye opener for them.

QUOTE (milan_ire @ Nov 9 2003, 05:10 PM)
dear all,
if we don't have enough, we have to beg. a beggar wouldn't beg if he had enough to survive. a beggar has nothing so he begs.we have something but we still beg. who are we??? blink.gif what to say...

i don't if people will agree, but the things stated above is the worst attitude a person can have about life. beggers can't be chosers, therefor they should make the best out for what they have, not keep your mouth open hoping someone else will feed you, cause in this day and age, it's a fend yourself system! i think people in nepal have the feeling that, despite not having a lot, they have to be seen as having alot, jabarjasti thulo hunu parne...by borrowing money from friends and family, getting into unneccesary debt, as the world bank debt, which is just at a larger scale.

QUOTE (thirdpole @ Nov 10 2003, 04:41 AM)
there is need of pressure group which should campaign to remove the nepal from list, don't fund corrupt govt.

I am agree with you third pole. I haven't seen any begger in Pushapati , who have change their life status after begging whole day or whole year.Have you seen it? But in my view, they will make life more worse, they will stop all work only for begging, Isn't it? Same way if they don't remove Nepal from begger list, Nepal is not going to stop it. So we have to give pressure to remove Nepal from list.

QUOTE (DotCom @ Nov 8 2003, 02:36 PM)
Jo sang prasasta chha usko lagi yasta kuraharu begging, jo sang chhaina usko lagi SAHYOG.
Yo ta sahyog ko lagi po appeal ho ta ke ko begging?

DotCom le thik bhanyo, hune ko laagi begging, nahune ko laagi sahayog,

Thik cha sahayog maagna ma pani hichkichaaunna, tara sahayog dine le dina maanena bhane, sahayog dinai parcha bhanera aruko samarthan pani khojna janna.

QUOTE (DotCom @ Nov 8 2003, 06:39 PM)
3rdpole I think you are going to put US in the beggar list also because it is aslo seeking UN's help (billion dollars) to built Iraq.

I think US = UN. aba aaphno goji baata aaphai paisa jhiknu lai kina begging bhanne

Fully agreed with you guys. Keeping Nepal on the list will only help those who are in power and the money will never go to ground level development unless there is significant change in social, political structure of Nepal.

This year Free Mind MTV Europe award went to Ms. Aung San Suu Kyi, who is struggling for decade to free Burma from one of the most brutal and corrupt regimes in the world. And there is "The Burma Campaign UK" whose main task among other is to stop foreign investment/AID , which ultimately goes to corrupt regimes.

For more visit. http://www.burmacampaign.org.uk/aboutburma.html

Edited by sanskar

see i told you, we have to make pressure group to push nepal government to stop corruption and also to stop foreign aid to go nepal unless there is major changes in government machines.

should we start?