Sign in to follow this  
sanskar

Student Problem in China

while surfing through kantipuronline feedback form, I found this post and felt of posting here, thinking that, friends from China can hightlight this issue effectivly.

source

http://kantipuronline.com/feedback.htm

contents as it

Respected sir....

I am a Nepalese student from Medical college of Zhengzhou university Henan China....I want you to publish something for whole Nepalese student and Nepalese people in Nepal.....Although ours university is very reputed university in China but it does not care about foreign student....They have their own rule....They do what ever they want to do....Just few days ago they created a rule that student failing in more than five subject will be granted diploma certificate (equivalent to Health assistant in Nepal)...they have to inform us before admission to the college...They did not inform us about that before...That's their trick to get money from student...They do anything for money...They have done nothing for foreign student here.....If any student raise voice against them , they threaten us saying that they will not grant us graduation even if we pass the exam....they say they will fail us.....Yesterday one military beat one foreign student and ours Foreign affairs office did not take any action...more over they said in police station that Nepal is small and poor country ,,,Nepal can not do any thing to us...so you don't have to take action against those military.....We are been cheated here in many respect.....Even though a lots of Nepalese student come here every year...Those new student know the fact only after coming here.....We are living here in hell.....They are very strict about tuition fee...If we don't pay that on time they charge us 1% of tuition fee everyday...... New student who want to stay out side hostel renting a room ( which is much cheaper and convenient), firstly they are not allowed but if they want to stay then they have to pay one year hostel fee to ours Foreign affairs office one year hostel fee (900$) for nothing... Only after paying them 900 $ they allowed new student reside outside.....there are many such things that happens everyday.......We are suffering very much here...And I don't want more Nepalese student to suffer....please sir, publish this article in your paper so that those Nepalese who want to study here will not have to suffer.....thanking you

please sir not publish my name and mailing address...as they may investigate and expell me from university.....

ooops

i am also studying in china and more of it i am studying in chinese,not like my fren who is studying in english.so i think i know more about nature and tradition of chinese university.

i don't excatly know what happened over there and that army personnal beat our foreign fren..... but in my 4 year experience in china says that "If you don't make mistake you are always out of trouble" . Students attitude towards universities has a great value in chinese universities. for example in my university they love nepali students as here they think we are most hardworking and obedient students. and i doubt any nepali ever had any big problem (like that )here (nepalese have been coming here since mid 70s).

One of the most important thing in chinese schools and universities is that "Teachers have lots of power and they deserve and expect to be respected" They can even expell you from university. its not like in nepal that student union can even lock up VC's office.

Yeah chinese are very strict about collecting fees. Lots of student esp koreans and japanese come here to enjoy there vacation and student visa is the cheapest and easiest one. they get visa and don't pay tution fee.So for last two years every university in china has been taking this thing very seriously.

Failing in 5 subjects and not giving the diploma , there is this rule in china. If a chinese student fails in 5 sub during his course he is not given the diploma.Before this was only for chinese students but now university have decided that foreigners must also abid by this rule. Its same everywhere.They have that rule in my university also. Its not that hard to pass here. You go to classes regularly and just live a life of student you won't fail in more than 2-3 sub in your entire student life.

Yeah hostel fees are expensive i agree that and they hardly let student stay outside. I don't know the reason but when ever someone asks they just say security!!!There were some foreigners who used to break hostel windows and breaked beer bottels in hostel and university expelled them.

The good thing studying in china is, security. when i am back home i am afraid to go around after 9 but here i walk all alone at 3 in the morning.although i do lose some freedome here but i prefer to be safe and sound.

The best thing is china is "If you can talk nicely and politely you can make a way out" Just don't be rude even with housekeepers. You won't lose anything!!!

Gaurav,

He says they have started giving a diploma if somebody fails in all 5 subjects, not that they have stopped giving. Well, that's not a proper thing to do. ~Giving a certificate to someone failing in 5 subjecs.

isn't there an international student union in the university, where by something can be done for the discrimination and in justice?? surely the university depends on the international students for their money as internationals students pay more for their tuition fess than the locals, so treating students like crap means it's goin g to have a crap reputation...then again...isn't china and russia along side each other when it comes to a medical degree??

i am very much sad to hear this lamentation from china. actually china and nepal have been good neighbouring country in the history from thousands of years back. and we still haven't any national problem at the moment. but this lamentation from china sounds like a racism and discrimination beween rich and poor country. i agree china is rich country but we have nothing to do with that. we have our own respect and dignity for our nation. i am not aware about the constituents of chinese government for international students. but if china is trying to follow a racism, it's really a bad move in this twenty-first century and shamefull to stand in this glove.

what i 'd like say here is, for good results all international students should unite for their rights. as we know unity has a power, unification of international students can be a factor to strike against those unfair behaviour done over international students.

we don't have that type of serious problem here in ireland.

QUOTE (distant_memory @ Sep 17 2003, 11:17 AM)
isn't there an international student union in the university, where by something can be done for the discrimination and in justice?? surely the university depends on the international students for their money as internationals students pay more for their tuition fess than the locals, so treating students like crap means it's goin g to have a crap reputation...then again...isn't china and russia along side each other when it comes to a medical degree??

UNION, in China, impossible. But to tell the truth that is also one of the good reason mwhy student here finish their study so smoothly. Here, there is no interruption due to union or other irrational reasons.

And santos, I think that student from medical university wants to tell that student failed in 5 subjects is given diploma just equivalent to health assistant in Nepal, I think he means even failed in 5 subjects he should be given the diploma of something more than that or must be given other chances. I am not sure hai.

Milan_ire, I have to admit, Chinese are bit racist but not as much as Americans. Here in China, white skin no matter he is from france or spain or US can earn 50% more by teaching English than its Asian counterpart which has dark skin.

I will make a detail research about this matter and post it here. Though please understand this CHINA has her own way. Its different than other country. CHINA is also not a rich country. If authority make rule you have to obey it, you have virtually no right to calculate it.

For example .... On National day there are 7 days holiday, but to cover the work or study you missed during that holiday you have to go class on Saturday and Sunday. What do you think, in Nepal there will be protest, in western it will be the matter of law and perhaps things will go to law. But in China, it works, so its peaceful and continuous.

In China you are not supposed to be out of dorm after 12 midnight. Some guy goes to bar and come back at 3 in morning, knock the door, guard will not open then he starts to banging door or breaking window pane. Nobody wants to talk about this small things. We must not see only one party's view.........

Anyway just wait for sometime, I will be here with truth behind this incident.

I don't think that this sort of things might be done with the foreign students studying there.

As many of my freinds are doings their MBBS there ,but they have never complained of such behavoiur to the foreign students and moreever they say that they are having a good time out there.

i myself is doing my BE here from the national college of technology and i too live in a hostel but i have never faced such a problem from the authority.......

yeah.... regarding teachers you must show your respect and dignity towards them ......

after all its the same case everywhere because in engineerings and medical studies 50% of the marks is for the internals................

if you be right every thing will definately be allright

now a days it has just become a fashion giong china and getting admitted to a medical college there as it is easier in comparison to other countries........

students even scoring less then 50% go there and get admitted to any college without knowing anything about it,just because they have a lot to spend or just to fulfill their parents desire

so this may lead to such cases.. or else in reputed government colleges this might not be the case..

moreover how can a student eligible to study medicine abrod can fail in more than 5 subjects if he is reallly serious in his studies....

and if he fails ,surely he is not eligible even for a diploma degreee......... after all it is the question of thousands life.........

satyan ph34r.gif

i think thirdpole ji, nobody has given enough attention towards this. there may not have extreme problem at the moment.

i read the views over here in accordance the problems in chinafor nepalese students. i again want to say those freinds who tell that in china the teacher deserves power,or be respectful even to the housekeeper..or something like that. these rules allow to humans as humanity..m here in china for one yr. i can't see any humanity in chinese. they don't understand?????????????????????????????sure,you speak..you tell ur problems..talk to professor or a layman..the answer is the same..no politeness...they r hard working,puknctual..but what the difference to be robot and human...on general condition the work by human and the machine is same..to do function..but machines have no "BIBEK" it does either yes or no...chinese are also like that..as example..one night my fren fom shanghai came to me...we went out..it was 1 at night..i tried to take him inside..they rejected..why..they needed money..i gave..again no, why its too late..at the same time two australian guys came back from the nightclub...no hindrance they entered..like descrimination cause we are black..or from pooreer country(remember even chinese people are not so rich,they just eat pork and grass every morning and evening)...what short of minds do the chinese have????????????????????? i am confused...