Sign in to follow this  
rockyparajuli

Should remixing be done??

Hi there,

Now-a-days, in the field of music, remixing songs is not a new thing. A song is named as remixed when, in the same old-lyrics-song, some more musical tones is added with some additional words.

Some says that remixing songs is like killing the originality of the songs. Whereas, some says that remixing songs simply means presenting old wine in a new bottle, where the taste always remains the same. Other says that one should come up with his own creation rather than taking help of someone else's creation.

Nepalese Music World is no exception in this case. Should remixing be done or not ?? Is it really destroying originality or is giving new taste of old one?? I am sure all the friends will share their opinions and views.

I think remixing is not bad in itself, but if the presenter add some taste in that, it will be more good. Like "Knocking on heavens door" originally sang by Bob Dylan. has remix version from Eric Clapton, Guns n' Roses. But when we listen to these songs we find different taste, Sam in "I shot the Sherrif" originally sang by Bob Marley and remixed by Eric Clapton.

But if you listen to "Malai maph gari deu" org by Narayan Gopal and then remixed by (I forgot the name), its kind of same.

But still I prefer new creation

I support the view of E major bro.The remixing is just to give a new taste to the old song .While remixing ,the things which should be kept in mind is the likes of new generation.But,I still don't mean that it is better than the original track.The old track used to be golden hit,coudn't be compared with the remixed one.Remix should be done ,but not on the expense of hampering the quality of the original version.

New creation is always best itself. Remix is only nice to hear with new music called tada-bhadak and we can feel some good taste also but the real taste and quality is only come from new creation.

Remix was very popular when it came 3/4 years ago.....I guess. Nowadays also it's very popular. Nowadays, even the songs of the films are remixed before the launching of the film. I agree with both love_united and Chuhan Jee. New creation is new and orginal in itself. But it depends upon the artists who has remixed the songs and also depend upon the popularity of the song. If the song is popular, it doesnot really matter wheather it is orginal or remixed because I think it's our ears that filters the music of songs ......it the words are same and music too....then people can easily digest it. JATI MAYA LAYE PANI of Late Arun Thapa and JATI MAYA LAYE PANI of 1974 A.D. ....if we compare between them both are very good. So I think it depends upon the popularity of the song and the on the artist and also on the music and tunes of the remixed songs.

Edited by newapasa

rocky bhai,

very nice thread. in general i don't think re-mix is bad. its new taste with different flavor of music with same old lurics that is "eating bhuja (bhat) with different kind of achaar, chatni like our forefather"

thanks for raising such a nice thread.

have fun

Edited by kamal

Though the lyrics and music is same some might dislike the remixing as the taste of music is different from person to person. As one of the friend said "Jati maya Laye pani" of Arun Thapa and 1974 AD sounds great. But what about "Jati Maya Laye pani" from Robin n Looza. In my case I like. But there are lots of people who does not like it even though music and lyrics is same only the pattern of music is different.

And if somebody remix very very old song, I thing remix version will sound great because of recording quality. As old songs recording quality is not that good.

I think this depends completely on one's own view and taste!

Lots of people don't like Rock music so that remixed with a rock taste doesnt sound good to many... As per my case being a Rock Fan I like those remixes, from Arun's 'Jati Maya Laye Pani' or Denny's 'Chiso Chiso Hawa' by Robin n' Looza !!

smile.gif

QUOTE (E major @ May 23 2003, 01:16 PM)
Though the lyrics and music is same some might dislike the remixing as the taste of music is different from person to person. As one of the friend said "Jati maya Laye pani" of Arun Thapa and 1974 AD sounds great. But what about "Jati Maya Laye pani" from Robin n Looza. In my case I like. But there are lots of people who does not like it even though music and lyrics is same only the pattern of music is different.
And if somebody remix very very old song, I thing remix version will sound great because of recording quality. As old songs recording quality is not that good.

Dear emajor,

I would like to hear the song jati maya.. ( Robin n Looza version). any link?

For me, remixing is okay as far as proper credit is given to original one.

regards,