Sign in to follow this  
love_united

Looking to study in Cyprus?

Sujan,

what should be sone is your choice!!

But I just wanna say that the sum of money that you said earlier ie.5 Lakhs NRs will not cover your expenses.

You will have to face more troubles.

About being positive earlier, yu havent told anything about the financial positions and stuffs like that. So, I said that studying here is really good choice for your carreer and goal... but what matters is.. EXPENSES also.

So, if you can only afford for one semester then, I would like to suggest more likely not to come here.

Rest is in your hands. If you wanna ask some more or have any confusions then feel free to contact.

QUOTE (Ausie @ Apr 29 2003, 10:58 AM)
can you tell me how do I contact colleges in Cyprus to get register myself? and how much i have to pay at first?

Aussie...

Its amazin that yu r willing to register yourself here... anyway...

Yu can see the pages of http://cyprus.wnso.org for further details... hope you will get your answers.. if yu are not satisfied wit the site then feel free to write here!

smile.gif

Aussie,

Dont yu have any queries?

smile.gif

Avee bro,

though u have told me that coming to cyprus is not the good idea,i am still coming there.I have registered myself in Intercollege ,Larnaca for hotel management course.The class will start in June 9.Do u have any suggestion before i really come there?

Sujan,

I have nothing to say, coz you will face a real prob, I think coz yu are comin here for Summer Session, coz you have to pay the fees for THREE semesters to get a work permit for four months!

I really cant tell you anything!

Well, we 'll be in our practical trainings when you will arrive, still if there is anything that I can do, I will try my best to assist, you can give me a call in my cell 99951676!

Anyway, you cud have waited for October*Fall* session to come even if yu have really decided to arrive! Are you from ORCHID? You know ORCHID has done this same mistake last summer, sending students in Summer which is really a hard deal for all of us!

As I remember, 9 of them came here and 8 of them returned BACK to Nepal withing 2 weeks!

You can go and ask!

Hello again to all wnso members from Cyprus.I wonder where you all guys are...I have some questions regarding Cyprus study.I hope anybody can help me.

Avee ji and most of other members have suggested me not to come in Cyprus,but still I wish to come there for the fall session.Well,I have heard that it's illegal to for international students to work there except students of hotel and tourism management.But also I want to come there for computer engineering course becoz' one of my friends studying there has told me that the situation will change as soon as Cyprus enters the european union in april 2004.I want to know what is the fact ?

Hey love_united, reading ur comments made me give u some suggestions and help u out. It sounds like u have a good science background, u will be a great computer engg or science student.

My suggestions to u ( since i noticed that u have financial difficulties (which is typical to most Nepalese students, due to screwed up fundamental systems in our country, and Nepalese govt ripped us up big time ( I still love Nepal though, not just the systems set by the govt or any type associations)).

Anyways back to my advise to u....I think u should attend a language school in Nepal for 4 to 6 months, learn german. After that u should apply for a college/university in Germany. Germany has some reputed institutions, u can always work part time,,,plus tuition and fees are free. During ur 6 months language training in Nepal, engage in correspondence directly with the admissions counselor. I am sure they will help u to the full extent.

Besides u can always ask nepalese friends in germany if u have any questions. I am personally not in germany, but i have a lot of good friends in germany. I am here in US.

rs_1915,thanx for the lovely suggestion.You are right about the education system of Germany.I was also looking for studying in Germany few months ago,but due to some cases,the things didn't go easy for me.I didn't try for Germany.Then I was attracted towards Cyprus,though it doesn't offer anything for the students other than from hospitality field.I have enrolled for the fall session,though it is not late till now.I can makeup my mind before I actually take the final decision.I am looking for the informations by cyprus members of wnso.But suggestions from other members are also invited.

love_united, that is cool. u should do what u think u feel comfortable at.

U have a good luck in Cyprus!!! ( i dont even know where it is exactly in the world map ..hehe ), anyways,, sounds like Cyprus entering EU soon, that would be great. If it does, i think u can roam around europe without any additional visa.