Sign in to follow this  
kolakshyapati

The education system in UK and Nepal.....

every country has its own teaching and learning system. according to my personal experiences, i got that our country's education system is based on theoritical and is also abstract but in UK it is different.

actually in nepal we used to limit ourself in what the teacher teaches us but in UK their is broad education and we have to search everything ourself. i think self-acknowledging is better than abstract.....

well i did half my schooling in nepal and the other half here in the UK. And I have to say i dont' agree with the teaching methods of nepal. Do the teachers even have a teaching degree? I believe most of the teachers who teach English are people who can speak english because they went to an english borading school, they probably dont even have a degree in english. I also dont agree with the parrot fashion learning, is it really of any use. the science course definitely needs revision. the course here is always fresh consisting of new information as the world moves forward, nepal's course seems to be stuck in it's ways...having to learn about the different classes and genu and species of animals...why is that any use to anyone unless they want to take zoology. And maths too, why is trigonomentry any use for thsoe who dont want to take that as a further study....there should be more vocational subjects in nepal.

kolakshyapati ji, Thank You very Much for joining WNSO. I see that u are a new member, so, would like to welcome you on my behalf and on behalf of whole WNSO Family.

You have raised a very important issue and wish to see you here more often. But Dear Friend, U are writing in the poem section.

R u writing a poem? :)

Of course not. We would request you and others to post the matters in appropriate Sub-Forum so that any new visiting members can easily search/trace needed information without running here n there.

Hope to see all will heed this little request.

Thanking You for ur presence n further future cooperation.

info: this post was originally posted in "Poem" and has been moved to its current position based on its relevancy. If you feel it should be moved elsewhere, please suggest.

I would like to pour some light into our defective education system. I myself have been a student in a government college since three years. Unbelievable as it may sound, I have not attended even a single class during this span simply because it is frustrating. The teachers and their teaching methodology have been an unutterable bore, not to mention the decade old curriculum that aim nothing.

The curriculum have not been prepared to innovate the students and make genuine and substantive changes in their knowledge. It takes decades for the TU Officials to publish the result of exams.

Unless this system is nipped in the bud, the future of nepalese education system seems uncertain and many students will be thriving towards foreign land in search of better education, lowering the already minimal number of scholars and think tanks within the country.

well,

it is us who can bring about a change in the education and other systems in nepal. so guys and gals of nepal, "we" are the one whom we have to look for! we are expected and even if no one inspires, we have to get inspired by ourselves and do someting gud for this nation (for humanity!)...

docteurX

well,

it is us who can bring about a change in the education and other systems in nepal. so guys and gals of nepal, "we" are the one whom we have to look for! we are expected and even if no one inspires, we have to get inspired by ourselves and do someting gud for this nation (for humanity!)...

docteurX

Essence converse,

Traditional educational system in Nepal is responsible for creating present ghettoized socialization. Teachers are facilitators, not knowledge banks. Student learn best where the teacher allow them to construct knowledge through the intensive environment. But it is our misery that our education institutions in here are still dominated by traditional methods and techniques with high influenced of politicking. Most of chaired GURUS have worried about political lobbying, in the selection of teachers and administrative personnel (i.e. the selection of campus chief or other main post on the basis of political party recently- for power sharing policy).

Education issue is supreme for the nation building and to make the New Nepal creating the capable citizen from among the people of country. So government and private sectors should highly focus on research based pedagogy method and need to given prioritized vocational education.

So, the western education imparted in, say Nepal, must bring in the original values but also infiltrate such pedagogy with local context and understanding for the efficient performance. WNSO should raise the same issues and contribute to campaigning for suitable education system to make prosperous NEW Nepal in the days to come.

regards,

JN kharel