Sign in to follow this  
chamatkaribaba

chronicles of plagiarisms in music

People say that they are making music inspired by some others' works. This is common everywhere. In Nepal, In India, it is very much common n in western countries also, copying from others is common. Only difference is in western countries, there are cases of copyright infringement and paying damages but here, no one cares.

See below how music have been copied. You can download small clips provided there and u, urself, can compare.

http://www.itwofs.com/hindi-rdb.html

For example see this one:

R D Burman [Hindi]

Mehbooba Mehbooba [Film: Sholay (1975)]

Inspired from Demis Roussoss’s Say You Love Me.

Listen to Mehbooba | Say you love me

Demis' original was released in 1974, while Sholay came out in 1975. See Link - Check out the 3rd album listed!

It says that it was inspired but when u listen to it. You find it copied.

100% copied! Not only the song, movie Sholay, itself, was not an original story. The story of Sholay has been much copied from The Magnificent Seven and Seven Samurai.

yeh the movie sholay is just an indianized verson of the The magnificent Seven hich is based on Japenese one "Seven Samurai".Besides,the most of the scenes have been copied from the western movies like Bad At Black Rock, The Professionals etc.

I don't understand what RGV is gonna bring in his movie RGV ki Aag by remaking sholay.

I think related topic was discussed before as well, for refernce ...

Copied Movies

Copied Songs

Guess what if there was not internet....

I think those old indian musicians really took advantage of their elite position at there time. Normally at that time people have no access to foreign music so general people dont know about the type, genre of music and other foreign musicians. But elite musicians always had those access. So they copied melodic foreign music and made few changes here and there to give a indian classic taste. Naive listeners, then, never knew about it. But now, thanks to globalization, technology, and internet, every interested people has access to listen to every type and everyone's music. So all those once called supreme musician of india's true face has been revelaed. ( I dont mean to say all )

Then what about Nepal. It is bitter fact that India is more developed than Nepal, not in past but also now. In past Nepali musicans did not had same access to foreign music as indian counterpart had. So our musicians basicly depend upon folk songs and classical raaga. So when we listen to old songs it has flavour of either folk music or classical music. This is one of the reason we dont find copied or inspired Nepali Songs of old days. But technology is like wind, it knows not country boundry. Due to technology new modern musicians came to know about differnt types of music and musician. Its shameful that some of the new musicican of Nepal took advantage of this technology as old musician if india took of their elite position. ( here also I dont mean to say all Nepali musician ). So in recent days we find few nepali pop numbers which are directy copied or tremendously inspired.

This is what I think and analysed. Comments are welcome.