Sign in to follow this  
aashish

Visa extension in the UK

Dear all

I wanted to know what are the procedures to extend the student visa in the United Kingdom. How difficult is it to get the visa extended and what are the necessary terms & conditions and the documents required?

Thks in advance ppl.

Hi,

Simply speaking, you have to be a student to extend your student visa. If you finish your study and want to remain there, then you have to get work permit. That is how it happens.

Thank you for your reply sir. To remain a student i will need to get enrolled in a course. Now do i have to present all the financial documents supporting my abilities to cover my expenses again while enrolling for the new course?And are these financial documents mandatory for visa extension?

Ani Sir could you please tell me what a "sandwich course" is.

Thks for the help!!!!

You must enroll for new course.

You need

1. A letter of enrollment from your College.

2. At least 3 months bank statement.

3. Exam Certificate.

4. Two copies of Passport size photo.

5. Application form filled by your college for you attendence etc.

Not everybody but some of the students were asked to submit a letter from a person who is supporting for their study.

Better get the application form, everything you need are listed there.

You must enroll for new course.

You need

1. A letter of enrollment from your College.

2. At least 3 months bank statement.

3. Exam Certificate.

4. Two copies of Passport size photo.

5. Application form filled by your college for you attendence etc.

Not everybody but some of the students were asked to submit a letter from a person who is supporting for their study.

Better get the application form, everything you need are listed there.

Himal Jee explained above already. On the top, like Himal jee said, download the application form, very clear guideline is written in application you may not need anybody's help. I used to be anixious about my visa extension. New application form comes with all the guidelines students need.

Sandwich course are normally longer than standard course. you need to study and after finishing certain course, you need to work, and resume study again. Thats why it called sandwich course I think.

I searched google and found this about sandwich course:

A course in which periods of study in an educational institution alternate with periods of practical experience in an appropriate work situation in industry, commerce or a profession.

ppl here in nepal say that visa extension is very easy and almost guaranteed.

Visa extension in the UK is not that difficult provided that you can support your application with the necessary documents listed in the application form.

Thousands and thousands of people have successfully extended their student visa for years and years so i don't see any reason why you or your friend will have to face with any difficulties.

If you come across any difficulties then come back here in the forum or contact me personally and we will be able to sort it out.

Cheers