From my inbox, FYI
This is just to remind you about the interesting programme in electrical engineering that is offered at Wroclaw University of Technology for the candidates with BSc or BEng degrees. The details of the programme are given below. More information (students' guide) is available at our web page ( www.eny.pwr.wroc.pl ).
I wonder whether you could pass this letter to any interested candidates for the studies in Wroclaw. Though the recruitment for double degree option (exchange with Ryerson University, Toronto) has already been closed, there are still places for the studies in Wroclaw (application deadline - July 15th).
Only two weeks left for the candidates to decide!
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
With best regards
Waldemar Rebizant (Ph.D., D.Sc., Assist. Professor)
Vi-ce Dean for Faculty Development and International Co-operation
Faculty of Electrical Engineering
Wroclaw University of Technology
Wybrzeze Wyspianskiego 27
50-370 Wroclaw, Poland
phone: +48 (0) 71/ 320-4401, -3541, -4458
fax: +48 (0) 71/ 320-3493
MSc PROGRAMME ANNOUNCEMENT
The Faculty of Electrical Engineering of Wrocław University of Technology, Wrocław, Poland offers a four-semester MSc program "Control in Electrical Power Engineering" devoted to candidates with BSc/BEng diploma (in electrical engineering or related field). The MSc program is focused on modern aspects of digital control, automation and management of power systems. All lectures, laboratory exercises, tutorials and seminars are taught in English.
The Programme was successfully implemented for the first time in academic year 2007/2008. Starting from the academic year 2008/2009 the Programme is proposed also as a joint intiative of WUT with our Canadian partner university, the Ryerson University, Toronto (Faculty of Engineering, Architecture and Science). A limited number of best qualified candidates can spend two semesters (first year of studies) at Ryerson and the remaining two semesters at WUT. The programme of studies at both Universities is coordinated, the courses supplement each other and thus, according to the agreement between both Universities, the students will obtain two degrees: Master of Science from WUT and Master of Engineering from RU, following the successful completion of the degree requirements at both Universities.
The basic four-semester duration of the MSc studies is split up into three theory semesters and a Master's Thesis semester. The programme includes a 4-week internship (industrial placement). Complete list of the courses scheduled is given below. Prospective candidates are welcome to visit the Faculty web page (http://www.eny.pwr.wroc.pl ) where you can find the information package with all practical information for prospective students (Students Guide) and detailed description of the courses.
Admission procedures (including forms) are defined by the International Office of WUT and co-ordinated with the requirements of Ryerson University. The students willing to study at WUT, either only at WUT or participating in students' exchange with RU, should send their application documents to the International Office of WUT.
The application deadline for studies in Wroclaw is July 15th, 2008. The candidates wishing to study both in Wroclaw and in Toronto should send their application earlier, i.e. by March 1st, 2008, at the latest.
Any questions concerning the studies may be addressed to the International Office of WUT (email@example.com) or directly to the Waldemar Rebizant (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Study in Poland - a new member of the European Union, at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Wrocław University of Technology - a modern university, ranked in the "ivy league" (best three) of the Polish universities of technology!
Benefit from the international profile of the Programme!
MSc Programme CEPE - list of courses offered at Wroclaw University of Technology:
- Statistics and decision methods
- Numerical and optimization methods
- Advanced substations and electrical equipment
- Power system faults
- Dynamics and control of AC/DC drives
- Advanced technology in electrical power generation
- Foreign language
- Electrical power system operation and control
- Power system protection
- Simulation and analysis of power system transients
- Digital signal processing for protection and control
- Fiber optics communication and sensors
- Renewable energy sources
- Selected problems of circuit theory
- Electrical power systems management
- Power system automation and security
- Electromagnetic compatibility
- Artificial intelligence techniques
- Advanced high voltage technology
- Advanced measurements in electrical engineering
- Selected courses in electrical engineering (see below)
III Semester, optional courses
- International law of intellectual property
- Power quality assessment
- Digital control systems
- Advanced signal processing methods
- Logic design
- Lightning protection
- Fuzzy logic control
- Signals and systems
- Visual engineering environments and graphical languages
- Power system modelling
- Computer control of power system
- Diploma project
- Diploma seminar
- Master's Thesis
Power/Control courses offered at Ryerson University:
- Linear System Theory
- Fundamentals of Robot Dynamics and Control
- Computer Methods in Power System Analysis
- Advanced Topics in Power Systems
- Power System Stability and Control
- Electric Motor Drives
- Power Converter Systems
- Switch Mode Power Supplies
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Power Electronics
- Advanced AC Drive Systems
- Advanced Digital Control of Power Electronics
- Directed Studies in Electrical Engineering
- Selected Topics in Electrical Engineering
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Conversion and Control of Alternative Energy Systems
- Electronics and Instrumentation