Sign in to follow this  
linuxuser

Anyone interested in game programming?!!

Hi,

Nice to know about game programming,

I am much intrested in this but I will love to work for Flash Games rather games in c++. Though I am new, and I wanna learn more of it.

Thanks

Sharwan

C ++ Programming is for the Complete Newbie. You go through C ++ ....., you will enjoy with the functions of C ++

63232[/snapback]

wat is diffrence b/w C++ programming and go through function of C++..

or there is typing mistake instead of C u write C++

Thanks for suggesting to learn C++,

I will go deeper as I can, into C++ programming even I have to learn it forcefully for my syllabus wink.gif .

biggrin.gif

Hi,

Nice to know about game programming,

I am much intrested in this but I will love to work for Flash Games rather games in c++. Though I am new, and I wanna learn more of it.

Thanks

Sharwan

C ++ Programming is for the Complete Newbie. You go through C ++ ....., you will enjoy with the functions of C ++

63232[/snapback]

Linuxuser,

I am the die hard fan of video games and also an enthusiast of game developing. I want to learn how to develop games using programming language.Now I am studying Hotel management in Cyprus.I had studied C and C++ in the basic level in Nepal,but am not proficient to understand hi-quality codes.I can still write some program on adding,subtracting and other mathematical operations though. I have brought a book" game programming gems 3" from my college library,but couldn't understand anything written in it.I think I should look for some beginner informations first.Can you people suggest me how I can start as a newbie?I am a quick learner and I am sure I can join your gang within a couple of years...do book a seat for me hai tongue.gif

love_united

good to hear that u r diehard fan of video games and game developing.

i think best way to get your feet wet in the world of game programming is by doing research on internet and figure out what others have done so far.

The following is a great website,,download their game engine,,their level/actor editor and script editor. Read the documentation and go thru samples. That is definitely a start.

www.conitec.net/a4info.htm

Thanx for the link, linuxuser.

I was searching for the game programming related books in my college library and I came to know about "Jamagic"(or "Jagamic",I forgot the name) language. The codes seems to be so simple and understandable.I couldnot understand the codes written in C++ because I have never encountered the classes given in the codes. Are there special library classes for game programming in C++ , or they are used defined classes?

63232[/snapback]

My friend C++ is not for newbie this is a hardcore programming developed by the previous C. You can do almost anything from C++ , Yahoo chat had been developed by C++ programmer. Function of C++ are just for the beginners tongue.gif

Linuxuser and Dude Yog are the C++ champion here smile.gif However, Goodluck (L)user for the new game and hope you are breadthing as much as you deserve beside your daytoday life in game programming this has a new scope in the IT industry......

Hope people will interest.

wellcome back negative phreek!!!

Is it really necessary to have a degree in computer field to get job in the game developing field??? While going through the game programming book, I saw that all the persons who help to write that books are actually bachelor,master or Phd in computer and mathematics field. I wonder if any person who is not from this field is getting good job or not .

Edited by love_united