Sign in to follow this  
NPaudel

MSc in Subsea Engineering in University of Strathclyde

I got an unconditional offer letter for MSc in Subsea engineering. I am currently looking for information about this course and its scope(job-wise) in uk. Someone please help me!

I got an unconditional offer letter for MSc in Subsea engineering. I am currently looking for information about this course and its scope(job-wise) in uk. Someone please help me!

Congratulation, Engineering in Strthclyde is best recognised. It is a very good department. I have got copuple of friends who did their Masters and Ph.D from there and are now teaching in good universities in UK an some are working in the industry. I am not from enginering, so i wouldn't be able to tell you about course and in more detail about the job prospects. But I have seen good product from there.

Congratulation, Engineering in Strthclyde is best recognised. It is a very good department. I have got copuple of friends who did their Masters and Ph.D from there and are now teaching in good universities in UK an some are working in the industry. I am not from enginering, so i wouldn't be able to tell you about course and in more detail about the job prospects. But I have seen good product from there.

Thank you very much. As per your advice I applied myself without any agent and got the offer. But to apply for visa, I think that I have to take an agent. What do you think? Is it tough to get visa? I have also applied to Dundee and is waiting for their decision. In case I will get an offer from Dundee also, what to do?

Now,since I have already got the offer, so I want to try for getting some financial assistance(atleast partial) from the university. How should I proceed for it?

Thank you very much. As per your advice I applied myself without any agent and got the offer. But to apply for visa, I think that I have to take an agent. What do you think? Is it tough to get visa? I have also applied to Dundee and is waiting for their decision. In case I will get an offer from Dundee also, what to do?

Now,since I have already got the offer, so I want to try for getting some financial assistance(atleast partial) from the university. How should I proceed for it? Please advise.

Now,since I have already got the offer, so I want to try for getting some financial assistance(atleast partial) from the university. How should I proceed for it? Please advise.

Hi, I do not think agent will have any hand on visa. But to be honest i have no idea how that works. Luckily, I never had any bad experience with visa for any place (Touch wood for future). Wwhen you have unconditional offer from good Public university such as strthclyde, I don't think you will have trouble with Visa. The embassy people should know the standard of University. Obiviously, you could expect probelm in Visa when your offer is from "Business college".

Dundee and Strthclyde, for city prospect and job during your study, I think glassgow should have more chance. But really depends on what you want to achieve. Again Dundee might be bit cheaper than glassgow with erefrence to the living cost (rent, other costs are same everywhere). I have couple of friends living in Glassgow (They are not in academia and are not in engeeneering as well). Still they might be useful in many logistic aspects. I will forward you their contact detail when you come here.

For financial assistance, the best way os to try with their international office. They do have pretty much good idea about what are available inside university. Unfortuanetely many of them available outside and inside uni are available for home students only. To be honest with you, University might have already allocated many of available funding fo rthis year. But still you shoul dwrite them. If trying through international office doesn't work, after you have joined try to get Research assiatnt work with some professors who do teach your course. Do not hesitate to ask them. You need work experience and they also need people to do literature search and tests and so on. I only had half funding when I was accepted but the research work covered living expenses for myself and family and also i got expereince. Your situation is bit different as you are accepted in taught course but still there might be some oppertunities. You just need to ask.

Edited by yogesh

I agreed with Yogesh Jee.

Looking at N Paudel's post, I think you probably have better information than agent in Kathmandu. And you have good background, both work and education so you have nothing to fear.

I agreed with Yogesh Jee.

Looking at N Paudel's post, I think you probably have better information than agent in Kathmandu. And you have good background, both work and education so you have nothing to fear.

THANK YOU EVERYBODY.

Happy Vijayadashami and Dipawali to all of you.