Bharat Thapa

WNSO on Nepali TV

Bharat Dada,

I talked with few students today. Everyone seems very interested. I talked with Siddartha, Smriti Basnet, Poonam and others. Everyone is really excited. Siddartha and Smriti said they have already done few program in FM.

Lets see I am going to have again discussion tomorrow, i will talk with samira as well.

We need to gather the pool of people who are interested and dedicated so that this program can be a great success.

We need everyone's suggestions and comments please.

with regards

Gyanu

Sachin and all,

Sorry for late reporting. I was bit sick yesterday.

Meeting gone very well. We agreed to go ahead with program, initially it will run for 30-45 minute a week and later we will have one hour.

We need to draft some guidelines and program schedule, what should be included and what not, how we going to manage program, such as first 5 minute News followed by song then 10 minute answer to the question asked by students from around the world, then song, then interview/discuss etc etc. we need to have solid draft of this before we start program.

We also agreed to have 6 members TV Team. This TV program also available on the web. Out of 6 member team, 4 should be able to present the program, two at a time as rotation basis in order to cover if some go on holiday or unable to attend, in worst case if two or three cannot attend, still one will run program. Other two will work to help these 4 presenters to write the script etc. Program will be recorded initially at TV studio, later we can do wherever we like once we have our own camera.

We have learnt so many other things from the meeting, such as generating revenue from advertisement from colleges, college can also sponsor whole program if they wish etc. We also have to think about interviewing college asking them why student should study in their college, what they have that others don't have etc. all yet to be discuss among us and agreed.

At the moment fresh problem is to find charismatic talents who can run this program. This is a long-term commitment and Nepali TV wants to be assured that we won't just drop the program after few week or month. It is very important we have all preparation.

Gyanu, thanks for information. We really need to get moving. So please talk to others as well.

Sachin, you can be one of 6 or one of 4 that would help us to start. What do you think? You can present program on TV along with others. Once we have strong team, we can back off.

Should we move this thread to public forum so everyone knows about it, they can give their view and may even be interested to join the TV team?

Bharat dai,

seems like we are on the right track. Yes, i think you are right in suggesting that we should move this thread to the general forum. we will have more comments/suggestions and we might even find some hidden talents who can be a part of the WNSO TV team. As far as me being the member of the team is concerned, I really do not want to commmit myself to being a team member because I have got a lot other commitments at the moment. But i can assure you all that i will provide all the help that i can possibly can........ and i do not surely have, as you said, the charismatic character to host the program.

Just being in the team and not being able to deliver won't make any sense that is why i am refusing to be the "Team Member". But i i will give my 110% to this endeavour.

The most important this is that we must do our homework properly before divulging fully. As they said, the program should not be discontinued after some months. The continuity is of the essence.

Some charismatic, energetic, talented youths of WNSO.... please come forward...........

Sachin, absolutely agreed with you. Same apply to me, can't push myself to more commitment at the moment, I am already overstrethced. if I was cloth of paper, I would have been tear into pieces by now.

I am also supporting this project 110%, and will continue to support with same spirit.

Tremendous opportunity for WNSO!

As WNSO is a charity which hopes to assist students by providing informations, guidelines etc. free of charge. In addition to that WNSO even involved to grant scholarship to those students who are in need.

In order to follow such sole aim WNSO certainly require huge revenue. The more revenue WNSO generates, the more students will be privileged with it’s services. The question comes here, how to achieve maximum revenue target? The answer is, advertising/promotion/fund raising campaign in various ways.

Being able to launch 30-45 minutes programme in leading Nepali TV is absolutely a perfect method to pass message of what WNSO is to thousands of people around the world. WNSO has won many peoples heart in very short span of time due to it’s objectives and goals and I am sure that there are numerous of people willing to support WNSO if they are made aware of.

I personally wish all the very best and brighter success of WNSO in the coming future!!!! Guys please do come forward and give hand to WNSO TV Team.

yes this is great opportunity for WNSO, WNSO will be more popular organization now.

That will bring more enthusiasm among all the WNSO members.

Cheers!!

Dear all,

Regarding the TV programme, I have found quite a few numbers of students interested. One of them is quite mature guy, I had a talk with him for long. I have got quite interesting idea from as well. and 4 of them are students and 1 is studying media studies himself. So bharat dai, they have shown very much interest in the program they want a meeting. So that we can finalize the program plan to hand to Nepal TV.

Can you have a small meeting for that.

regards

Gyanu

Gyanu,

Lets have meeting this weekend, either Saturday or Sunday (17 or 18 November 2007) morning, at our usual place in Poplar. I am off to Nepal on 24 of November and wont be here for at least a month. So lets at least draw the picture while I am here, is that ok?

We can also invite our scholar, along with all committee member (if they can make their way), so broad range of stuff can be discuss.

So can we fix the meeting for Sunday Morning usual time, as you won't be here, we can have all our committee members as well on that day for this months meeting. what do you say?

Please let me know.

I will let the related person to be at poplar after i got confirmation from you.

regards

Gyanu